Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medical test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roadthatimusttravel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Medical test Reply with quote

Hello

Two quick questions:

1. Does the medical test required for a work visa 'have' to be done in your home country?

2. Is the medical test required 'every' time you renew your contract? I.e. Fly back home and do it all again every single time?

Or is it a one off test and from then on there is no need to do it again. I.e. Once it is done, it is done and you can extend that work visa for as long as you keep working there without having to do a medical every year.

The reason I ask is that I haven't been back home for years and it would be a rather big effort to go all the way back and wait around for medical tests etc. Happy to do it at any quality hospital in a closer country though if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Helpmefindausername

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through this. If you legally reside in a country other than your own, you can get your medical and visa there. If you are not a legal resident, you must process in your home country. Good luck.
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you are resident. For years I was resident in Bulgaria - where there is no Saudi Embassy. I had my medicals in Istanbul, where I also processed my entry visas.

Once you have entered and are "in the system" you don't need further tests outside KSA. You can go on vacation and go back without hassle. If you change employers then you start the whole merry-go-round again.

But then rules in Wonderland, and in KSA, are difficult !
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Medical test Reply with quote

Roadthatimusttravel wrote:
Does the medical test required for a work visa 'have' to be done in your home country?

The reason I ask is that I haven't been back home for years and it would be a rather big effort to go all the way back and wait around for medical tests etc. Happy to do it at any quality hospital in a closer country though if possible.

Best to ask your prospective employer since they initiate the visa process at their end. See "Employment/work visa authorization process" (http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=108238).
Roadthatimusttravel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for the answers. Much appreciated.

I work in a country that is not my home country. Have work permit etc and been here several years. Does that constitute "residing" in another country?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadthatimusttravel wrote:
Have work permit etc and been here several years. Does that constitute "residing" in another country?

Simply working or residing in a country doesn't always constitute legal or permanent residency. If there's a Saudi embassy in your current location, you can certainly check the consulate's webpage for employment visa requirements for non-citizens. Otherwise, as I previously stated, ask your prospective employer because they may require you to return to your passport country regardless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: