Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too Old to Work in Japan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dianajc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Too Old to Work in Japan? Reply with quote

I looked into working in China and I am too old to get a working visa. The age limit for women is 55 years.
Diana
Maitoshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo on China, Diana!
Maitoshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect meant to the people of China!
Maitoshi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revised: Poo on that age limit, Diana!
dianajc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Too Old to Work in Japan? Reply with quote

Agreed! But I believe that Japan would suit me better than China. I will keep researching.
Diana
rtm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Too Old to Work in Japan? Reply with quote

dianajc wrote:
Agreed! But I believe that Japan would suit me better than China. I will keep researching.
Diana

Have you been sending out applications/CVs to eikaiwa schools? If not, I'd start there and see what kind of responses you get.

Regarding China, I've heard that some of those regulations like age limits (and 'required' qualifications) are often more of suggested guidelines, rather than regulations (and that there are women much older than you working at universities in China). I've never worked there, so this is just what I've read on these forums.

Of course, universities (in Japan, China, or anywhere, really) wouldn't give you the "one-to-one or small groups of adults" that you indicated in your OP. Classes in Japanese universities are around 20-45 students, and I've heard that in China, there are often 60+ students. Eikaiwa might be the best fit for you, if you want small classes (fewer than 10 students) and one-to-one lessons.
dianajc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Too Old to Work in Japan? Reply with quote

I am just starting out and will try the eikaiwa schools as you suggest. I guess finding out which are the best schools is the subject of another post. And yes, I do want one-to-one or small classes rather than large groups of 20+.
Diana
ssjup81

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on quitting the Eikaiwa I'm working for when my contract is up in the spring. I'm putting in my notice in January. If you want info, just let me know.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dianajc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Too Old to Work in Japan? Reply with quote

To ssjup81, yes please. I would really appreciate your help. The timing would be perfect for me.
Diana
ssjup81

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sent a PM.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: