Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutor Time Ex-employees or Employees please read!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rae1331

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Tutor Time Ex-employees or Employees please read! Reply with quote

So due to family issues, I will need to break my 2 year contract after one year. However, there are a couple clauses in my contract that I am unsure about.

One says something to the effect of: "Employee can only terminate contract at the end of the school year for the last school day with 90 day notice". Ok, that's fine, I can do that.

The second, which is the one that confuses me, says something to the effect of: "If we sponsored your visa, you have to pay us 3 months salary if you terminate WITHIN the first year".

I'm reading this to say that if I give 90 days written notice and stay until the end of the school year, then I won't have to pay. But the technical end of the school year is at the end of July, and I started 1 Sept. We have another summer program which I could stay for but I'm not sure if they would accept that.

SOOOO any experience with this out there? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: