Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A quick question about converting an F visa to a Z visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yodanole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: A quick question about converting an F visa to a Z visa Reply with quote

Simply asked, Will I have to return to my home country to convert my F visa to a Z visa, or can it be done another way? I'm in China and don't want to return to the USA for that unless it is completely necessary. Thanks for any answers.

Looking through the visa thread is like hunting for a needle in a haystack.
Shanghai Noon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needle in a haystack? Oh no. You're still looking for the haystack.
mysterytrain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A quick question about converting an F visa to a Z visa Reply with quote

yodanole wrote:
Simply asked, Will I have to return to my home country to convert my F visa to a Z visa, or can it be done another way? I'm in China and don't want to return to the USA for that unless it is completely necessary. Thanks for any answers.

Looking through the visa thread is like hunting for a needle in a haystack.

I had an "F" visa converted to a Residence Permit and FEC without having to leave China at all (obtaining Residence Permit and FEC obviates the need for the "Z" visa, which is the visa you are supposed to come into the country with, for employment), but it was a few years ago and in something of a "backwater" province.

You shouldn't have to return to your HC to get a "Z" visa, but you might have to go to HK. That is, assuming that you are already working under an "F": if so, your employer should be able to tell you what you have to do and know how to get it done - if not, they are probably not a good employer to be working for in the first place.

If you are NOT working currently, that is a different kettle of fish, I think, and the answer to your question would most likely be "yes", but I'm open to correction from more experienced posters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: