Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on Qatar EFL gigs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to check into an accredited online program for her. Make sure that her studies and grades will be acceptable to the universities that interest her.

VS
nfig77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice on Qatar EFL gigs Reply with quote

Last edited by nfig77 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:18 am; edited 3 times in total
tmac-100

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice on Qatar EFL gigs Reply with quote

nfig77 wrote:
tmac-100 wrote:
substance wrote:

I'd be more fed up with working for "my three teens" tuition!

KFUPM is not known for being dependent-tuition friendly!

At least in the US, you'd have the option to go public or private. In the KSA, it's pay only. Why slave away in that part of the world when you can slave away elsewhere.

A basic problem for ex-pat folks is that they use their "home and native land" as the BASIS for everything. DON'T bother with that idea IMHO!!

It will tear you apart thinking that KSA = USA or anywhere else. it will also make you miserable. Forget the "Golden Handcuffs" etc. Live life FWIW. Otherwise go back to the place you left. The USA (Canada/UK/EU/AU/etc) WILL NOT change much in the next few years and neither will KSA.

No need to flame me. I am just commenting on my time in this GCC region - which has been positively FAT (Flexible, Adaptable, Tolerant).
YMMV Shocked
nfig77

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Advice on Qatar EFL gigs Reply with quote

What I meant was that since folk presumably move to KSA to make more money, if that's not happening, it's not worth doing. The OP does not appear to be any better off financially for suffering the hardships of Saudi Arabia.
tmac-100

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice on Qatar EFL gigs Reply with quote

nfig77 wrote:
What I meant was that since folk presumably move to KSA to make more money, if that's not happening, it's not worth doing. The OP does not appear to be any better off financially for suffering the hardships of Saudi Arabia.

You do not need to believe in Maslov's Hierarchy of Needs, but if MONEY is your prime motivator, you'd better have a VERY thick skin and practice "shutting up" or biting your tongue regarding negative impacts - because negative (for YOU) impacts will be there.

OTOH, if you are FAT, you will have a "better time" and save some cash as compared to where you came from - remember that $$ was what drew you "here" in the 1st place Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: