Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadians Getting to Poland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kowalskih

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Canadians Getting to Poland Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to know which way Canadian teachers use to get to Poland. I am going to Opole and leaving from Montreal or Toronto.

It seems that one way flights are considerably less expensive.

Any information would be much appreciated,

Heidi
CROGO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a Canuck, but it is extremely doubtful that you will find a direct flight to Opole unless it is a charter flight. You should look at flights to the major air hubs in Europe, and especially Polish airlines, LOT. Check the online airfare sites for the best deals, Expedia.com, travelocity.com, hotwire.com. (There are others.) Airfares usually go down in September. I suspect that your best bet is to fly into Warsaw, Krakow in Poland, or possibly Frankfurt in Germany and then take a train. Unlike in North America, the Europeans, and the Germans in particular, have excellent rail service. Train travel is almost always cheaper than airfare, the trains tend to run more frequently, and you can see more of Europe than just the airports! Overnight trains are also worth considering since they save a night's lodging expense. Check out the Eurorail website for info.

Unless you already have a work visa, I don't recommend a one-way flight. It could cause you trouble getting through customs, and at some point in time, you will want to return to Canada, eh? Last I looked, British Airlines had offered the longest possible stay on cheap airfare. If you do not have a work permit in Poland and you are traveling alone, DO NOT GO THROUGH CUSTOMS IN BRITAIN!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: