Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Place for IH CELTA Course?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetgirly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Best Place for IH CELTA Course? Reply with quote

I would like to take a CELTA course in February 2005. It looks like International House is a reputable company to work with, and I like that they have a lot of locations to choose from. I have hardly done any traveling in Europe (just "on the beaten track" stuff in London and Paris about seven years ago with my parents). I can choose from the following locations (I know they're not all in Europe, please only discuss options in Europe and perhaps North Africa), and would like your opinions about which schools are better (if you know of them) and which areas would be nicest in February (major concern).

Here are the choices:

Brisbane, Cairns, Sydney, Prague, Cairo-Heliopolis, Budapest, Palermo Centro Storico, Milan, Rome-Manzoni, Lisbon, Krakow, Wroclaw, Moscow Barcelona, Madrid, Palma, Sevilla, Madrid, Johannesburg, Durban, Geneva, San Diego, Portland, Santa Monica, Riviera Maya, London, Newcastle

I think Palma sounds pretty cool... it is on/in (?) Mallorica, Spain... but I don't know any better!
Jetgirly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

I have decided that I am very comfortable taking the CELTA at IH Barcelona. They offer the course year-round and their dates for 2005 are absolutely perfect for me. I think it was a sign when I received an email from a friend today doing (God forbid) a Contiki Tour... she said Barcelona was by far the nicest place she had visited so far. I am also VERY interested in seeing Gaudi's architecture. Don't poo-poo me about contemplating my free time already... sure the CELTA is intense but I've always been the sort of girl who gets excellent grades while putting in an amount of work so minimal that you would expect a big fat F.
Varvian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For future reference, go to www.weather.com and they can tell you all sorts of information about average high and low temps, precipitation, etc. for any major city in the world. And you can set the temps to read in either Celcius or Farienheit. (sorry I'm not good at spelling)
seaskyclay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barcelona is a fine choice. I just completed the CELTA through IH Riviera Maya/Barcelona in June. (For now, it�s a joint venture, I guess. Barcelona has a 60% interest and Mexico City has 40% interest or something like that.)

The two trainers/tutors we had for the course were both top of the line trainers from IH Barcelona. I believe they are both two of the best in the field. I felt so fortunate to have them both at my disposal for 30 days. I have absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say about the two of them or the training I received under them.

If anyone would like further info about any of the above, feel free to PM me.
Phil_b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just about to do one at IH Lisbon - �735 (about �1200, I think) plus �250 for a month's accomodation.... It looks like it'll work out quite a bit cheaper than the Spanish IH courses.... I'll let you know what it was like after I've finished...
grahamb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: CELTA costs Reply with quote

I paid �1200 for the IH CELTA in Madrid, so the Lisbon course doesn't seem to be any cheaper. The accommodation sounds less expensive, but it depends on what you get for your money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: