Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONLINE WORK FROM INDIA LIKE GURU.COM, ELANCE.COM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cubism

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: ONLINE WORK FROM INDIA LIKE GURU.COM, ELANCE.COM? Reply with quote

When I taught in China, I did proofing and editing for publishers there. I finished in China & am trying to fill this cash flow gap. People say that India has online services though.

I'm setting up with Elance.com & guru.com after an Indo teacher recommended them for paying reliably. I think Indian ones have more work though.

I need: NAMES AND EMAIL ADDRESSES OF ANY WRITING/EDITING ETC. INDIAN ONLINE PLACES.

I ALSO NEED: HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD I SET AS MY HOURLY WAGE? HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE FOR A PROJECT WITH 100 ONE PAGE REPORTS TO WRITE IN A MONTH?

These places are cut throat competitive, not at all like signing a contract for teaching. Small amounts of cash, or so it seems.

Will always reciprocate with useful info. Many thanks.
esl_prof

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't e-lance a U.S.-based freelancing site? I believe e-lance and other sites like it allow you to work from anywhere in the world and, likewise, accept jobs from clients anywhere in the world. You wouldn't necessarily have to be based in India or, for that matter, anywhere else specific so long as you have a reliable and fast internet connection.

Your best bet would be to do a Google search for message boards and/or Facebook groups for online freelancers and post your questions there. Or, possibly, move this discussion over to the general discussion forum here on Dave's where it would be more likely to be seen by someone with online freelancing experience.

Good luck!!!
Cubism

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: No, it's India I need to know about because... Reply with quote

Hello,

India has a lot of mills that hire freelancers, and I'd like to contact them directly rather than through services like elance that will take a cut. I'd like to have immediate contacts with these places whenever I can. You're right: it's all on-line work and can be done anywhere.

Thanks for your advice, too.
esl_prof

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. That makes sense. Good luck!
Cubism

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: I found the general category foDay job/extra cash jobs Reply with quote

I searched the Net and learned about 'Micro Jobs.' They're found on the Net and come from many places, not just India. I'd heard other ft's talk about work like this.

These are little jobs (called Gigs) that pay very little but require no investments (additional equipment, etc.) But I found that the jobs on Elance, Guru.com,odesk, etc. also pay very little; so...

Here's a link to start out. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140404195929-135041535-how-to-earn-money-at-the-micro-job-site. This article also gives 'normal' job boards. I use the 'normal' ones now but am looking around.

FYI, ft's. Thanks for all your help over the years. I hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: