Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 yrs' experience, no longer required?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spycatcher reincarnated

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: 5 yrs' experience, no longer required? Reply with quote

See article:

http://vietnamnews.vn/society/264631/experience-requirement-drops-for-foreign-kindergarten-teachers.html
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news...thanks for this article. Very Happy
Mattingly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just more dysfunctional lunacy. These "Educrats" do not know that they are doing.

People in the middle of the work permit process who had paid quite a bit of money gave up and stopped the process because of the 5-year rule.

They actually had the five years experience but how would they prove it? Fly back to the UK and US and get an official letter?

They got now work permit and lost a lot of money.

VN now is the most difficult place to get a WP in the world.

It's not worth it.
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattingly wrote:

It's not worth it.

Not worth it for who? I've never had to pay a dime or do anything more than getting my documents notarized and authenticated to get my work permit. The school takes care of everything.

I would never go through the hassle if I had to do it on my own, but luckily no sane school would ever ask you to. They usually have someone on their staff who has the sole purpose of doing all the paperwork for the hired teachers.

I just got my new work permit last month, and I'm getting my resident's card next week.
tefl peasant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExpatLuke wrote:
Mattingly wrote:

It's not worth it.

Not worth it for who? I've never had to pay a dime or do anything more than getting my documents notarized and authenticated to get my work permit. The school takes care of everything.

I would never go through the hassle if I had to do it on my own, but luckily no sane school would ever ask you to. They usually have someone on their staff who has the sole purpose of doing all the paperwork for the hired teachers.

I just got my new work permit last month, and I'm getting my resident's card next week.

A couple of the large chains provide the legwork and some fees. That's good. But many school do not.

Now, I'm told (as I'm in the process) that you can only get a 1 year visa for the work permit, and not he 2 year residency.

The process is a mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: