Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Bumrungrad a good hospital? Medical tourism question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talktome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: Is Bumrungrad a good hospital? Medical tourism question Reply with quote

I asked about seeking treatment in Thailand before and a few people recommended Bumrungrad hospital.
After some digging, I found that the hospital was fairly well known and highly recommended.
I was an English teacher for 6 years, so I know that sometimes a recommendation could be deceiving. That is why I would like to ask the expat community what they think of the hospital.
For those of you who had sought treatment there, what did you think of the level of professionalism, expertise of both the doctors or its staff. Were they helpful, courteous and was able to explain both the ailment and the kind of treatment they offered at the hospital.
suphanburi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Is Bumrungrad a good hospital? Medical tourism question Reply with quote

talktome wrote:
I asked about seeking treatment in Thailand before and a few people recommended Bumrungrad hospital.
After some digging, I found that the hospital was fairly well known and highly recommended.
I was an English teacher for 6 years, so I know that sometimes a recommendation could be deceiving. That is why I would like to ask the expat community what they think of the hospital.
For those of you who had sought treatment there, what did you think of the level of professionalism, expertise of both the doctors or its staff. Were they helpful, courteous and was able to explain both the ailment and the kind of treatment they offered at the hospital.

Best in the country and the price reflects it.

EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is one of the best hospitals in Thailand...I go there when I need medical treatment...all be it a bit expensive l Smile
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the best hospital in Thailand. It is the sister hospital of Cedar Sinai Hospital in California.
DrTongue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just adding to the chorus here. I've been to BIH several times over the years with the most recent trip being in May 2014. All of the staff -- doctors, nurses, customer service reps, and so on -- were very helpful, professional, and courteous. Never had a problem with a doctor or nurse being able to understand and answer my questions in a way that I (a reasonably intelligent but non-medical person) could understand.

As noted elsewhere, it ain't cheap, but it's hard for me to imagine going anywhere else because I have such confidence in my doctor there. I'm sure there are other hospitals in Bangkok where you could get good care, but BIH is the only one I've personally experienced.

Good luck. Wherever you decide to go, I hope things work out for you.
plumpy nut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many decent public hospitals in Thailand. The one that the King stays at is a reputable one. I don't remember the name of it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: