Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZANAN University and cost of living in Phnom Penh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlarcheuk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: ZANAN University and cost of living in Phnom Penh Reply with quote

Had a great interview (at 4 this morning) resulting in a strong offer as a subject matter professor from (relatively new) Zanan University in Phnom Penh. Any thoughts about this uni? The recent change in Rector? And what's a good salary to live decently in PP Cambodia? Any other warnings or thoughts? Thanks.
dlarcheuk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: ZAMAN not Zanan Uni - Sorry Reply with quote

Sorry for mistyping the name of ZAMAN university
sirenii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

As an ESL teacher still living in the States, I know nothing about the university in question or the cost of living in PP (although I hope to soon). I just want to congratulate you on the offer and send you my best wishes for happy employment. I had read your earlier post and empathized, not with your illustrious background -- mine is humbler by far -- but with the age factor. As a woman of a certain age who doesn't look quite her actual age, I worry about the passport evidence in spite of my student evaluations which laud my energy, enthusiasm and youthful interests. At any rate, I hope it all works out for you for many years to come! BTW, if you take the job, post back here to let everyone know what you think of the place and the students. We're all eager to get insider information.
sushikurva

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sushikurva on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
dlarcheuk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Thanks Sushikurva, Sirenii, PattyFlipper and NatureGirl Reply with quote

Thanks for your great posts and PM's. All have really informed my disussions with Zaman and my decision. I'll be back to let you know when (if?) things are finalized, then share the war stories and specifics if you wish. Also hope to run into some of you "over there" ... very much. -DWL
AnneSansTete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me if you want more info about the school.

A change in rectors, you say? Interesting...
nfig77

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this thread even worth reading
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: