Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travelling overseas for KFUPM interview?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you fly overseas for a KFUPM job interview?
Yes, I would if I had good qualifications.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No, it's a waste of money.
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Yes, definitely because face-to-face interview is crucial in SA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

titanicman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Travelling overseas for KFUPM interview? Reply with quote

I've been offered a job interview by KFUPM. But I need to fly to Lawrence, Kansas in the next month or so. I'm now teaching English in Korea and would lay out big bucks to do this. Is it worth it? What are the chances of getting accepted? I've been burnt in similar situations before (with MLI).

Cheers......Titanicman
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Some info Reply with quote

Dear titanicman,
The answer is, the chances are very good that if they want to interview you they will offer you a job. The question, though, is do you really want to come here. Have you been in the Kingdom before? Do you know what it's like here, what you'll be getting yourself into?
Regards,
John
titanicman

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Travelling overseas for KFUPM interview? Reply with quote

I've never gone to an Arab nation but I'm pretty flexible and don't complain too much about stuff. I've only taught in Korea but would like to teach in that part of the world. The teaching standards are higher there and they seem to appreciate in one's teaching. I've heard good things about KFUPM so wanna teach there.

I see that you're just leaving Yanbu College and letting omar805 in. Any insights on teaching in SA? Have you taught in Korea or NE ASIA? Contrasts? I intend to stay there for a few years and then return to Canada. Is there more professionalism there than in Korea?
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: You should do OK Reply with quote

Dear titanicman,
Slight misunderstanding - my fault, really. No, I'm not leaving Yanbu; I'm departing the Institute of Public Administration ( IPA ) in Riyadh. But I have my info that I posted about KFUPM from a highly reliable and well-informed source, who wishes to remain nameless. Since you've already had some overseas experience, are flexible and don't complain much, you'll probably do fine here. I've taught in southeast Asia ( Indonesia ) but not in NE Asia. However, we have a Canadian couple at the IPA who came here from Korea. They liked it there, but the money wasn't too good. They're both pretty content here now ( they've been here for 5 years ). He works for the IPA and she teaches at the American School. Insights? Not really. Just be prepared for a rather strange place that won't always seem to make sense to you. Watch what you say and who you say it to. Learn fast that you aren't going to change the Kingdom, so you'd better adapt to their ways of doing things. And always remember - it's their ballpark, so they get to make ( and break ) the rules. If you get hired by KFUPM, you'll be going to one of the best places here to work.
Regards,
John
goshi_136

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: YANBU INDUSTRIAL COLLEGE Reply with quote

HELLO I need some information about the post of physics in yanbu industrial college.I also applied their but no response from them.Curious to know that what happened.I have an experience of 12 years of teaching physics in a well reputed educational institute.Curious to know that what are their requirements.if any body has an answer i am thankful in advance.BYE to all.LOOKING forward for a quick response .
scot47

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: slowdy arabia Reply with quote

Things can happen slowly in the Magic Kingdom. Or not at all. My only advice is to exercise patience. And maybe apply elsewhere.
goshi_136

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: yanbu industrial college Reply with quote

thanks scot 47.A quick response from yourside.I appreciate your response.Any way if u have some knowledge about these positions i am thankful to you.WELL if u have a knowledge about new posts in saudia please inform me i am thankful to you.Have a great day.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: english not physics Reply with quote

This is a forum for English teachers. Is there another forum for Physics/Natural Sciences ? Incidentally when I stuided in Edinburgh they still used the old-fashioned "Natural Philosophy" to mean Physics.
goshi_136

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: yanbu industrial college Reply with quote

Thanks scot for your reply.Ihave no knowledge of that thing that their is a forum of natural philosophy or science at the discussion forum.DO you have any knowledge about that?If someone has a knowledge about that then please reply.Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: