Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Madrid Insider

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frijolita

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Madrid Insider Reply with quote

Hi,

Has anyone used Madrid Insider for housing? How did it work out? I am looking for 4 weeks of housing. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Frijolita
grahamb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Accommodation Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the Insider. Maybe this will be of some help:
http://www.tbs.com.es/classifieds/viewforum.php?f=101&sid=026bae36b04687008e38d569fb56d03d
lozwich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frijolita,

Forgive me for forgetting, but are you going to Madrid for your CELTA course? Maybe your school could help you out with housing. In my job that I'm going to in September, they have accommodation assistance as part of the induction process. I would have thought that it would be in a school's best interests to help either their students or their staff with finding a place...

Haven't been here for a while, kind of lost track of everything in the flurry of reverse culture shock (worse than the other kind, imho..), so you're sticking with Spain then? YAY! Laughing

Suerte,
Lozwich.
frijolita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I just need something temporary that won't be too terrible. Once I get there I will apartment hunt. Yes I decided on Spain Lozwich. I will be moving to Madrid to do a TEFL course at EBC. Unfortunatley the school does not really help with providing accomodation. They do give suggestions as to where I can search and have been very helpful in answering any questions I have had. I can't wait to move! Very Happy

Ciao,
Frijolita
lozwich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! I've started dreaming about my arrival. Must have something to do with the picking up of air tickets and thinking a lot about how I'd rather be there than here!

You simply must come to my little "I'm in Spain!!!" party, frijolita... Cool

Good luck with it all..

Lozwich.
frijolita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool to me. I won't be in Madrid till October though Sad You are going to be outside of Madrid right?

Thanks for the luck! Buena suerte para ti tambien!
Whitney Davies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are other housing agents listed on their site, try getting in touch with all of them, i know of madrid insider, the guy there is called rocco, american. the rooms are very basic, he has some close to plaza castilla, chamartin, others in paseo de prado, but be warned, they are for a month use. anyway, before you finish the course you should have found your own place, it gets easier when you�re already in madrid.

ebc works with 5 or 6 agents but it goes as far as recommending them. they are independent of ebc which is actually good for us because these agents are kept on their toes all the time. Madrid Insider, not good not bad, I�d use the local expression "bastante bien".

whitney
frijolita

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Whitney! I will look into the other agents too. I only need a month. I plan on looking for an apartment while when I get to Madrid. Do you know what the process of Madrid Insider is like? Do they have the apartment for you when you get there or do you still have to do some searching?
Whitney Davies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the apartments ready when you arrive so at least you have somewere to put your stuff! You must be really excited, I was and to me there still so many things I have to do in Spain before heading back home or maybe not heading back home! Smile

whitney
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: