Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Made a huge omission
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberleygd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'mgoing to order the long form today have my sister send it via FedEx with the apositled items i had previously sent and hope for the best. I won't need it until school starts so it should be okay. If not I guess I'll be on my way back to Nova Scotia.
esl_prof

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberleygd wrote:
I'mgoing to order the long form today have my sister send it via FedEx with the apositled items i had previously sent and hope for the best. I won't need it until school starts so it should be okay. If not I guess I'll be on my way back to Nova Scotia.

Good luck! Hope it works out.
kimberleygd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm here!!

It was so easy I couldn't believe it after all the worrying I did.
After vet checks, school letters, (I bought a one way ticket) etc etc, no one asked me for anything! The lady at customs in Calgary was more fascinated with my story of moving then anything about my ticket or the dog lol.

We went to the Consulate in San Diego without an appointment and it only took about 40 minutes total.

Still waiting for my documents though from home. Crying or Very sad
esl_prof

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you're on track.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Mexico!

Are you a real life person too? I met two Dave's posters in Queretaro yesterday...come out and say hello!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kimberleygd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Maybe a meetup somewhere in between? I forget sometimes the country is so big.

What a roller coaster of a ride I have to say. The time difference has me still feeling a bit out of sorts (4 hours), but the people here are amazing.
Don't get me started on the montanas, I have such a fear of heights! I had no idea you had to cross these beasts everyday. The taxi driver today stopped right at the top and told me to see the view of Ensenada. I almost fainted lol.

He told me next time to tell him to avoid the montanas. Yeah, now he tells me. And what are those huge green beetle June buggy things?

We are off again at 5 am to visit the consulate in San Diego to get my visa.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And what are those huge green beetle June buggy things?

Mayates maybe? Don't let them pee on you. Bad I'm told.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
Quote:
And what are those huge green beetle June buggy things?

Mayates maybe? Don't let them pee on you. Bad I'm told.

They ARE awful, we have them in our back patio at night and the dogs like to hunt them. Usually they just play with them and let then go, but a couple of times they have sprayed on the dogs, and it is nasty getting the stuff out of their fur. Just kill them, if you can, but use something heavy, they have a hard shell. They make an icky crunch when you are about to kill them. Don't even bother to try with a fly swatter, they will just laugh at you as they fly off.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In GDL they slamdance themselves against the windows at night, grooving to whatever mayete beat they have in their little heads. I get up in the morning to find a driveway full of them, on their back, roasting in the sun until they die. You'd think evolution would have fitted them with an ability to turn themselves over but no.

One thing I've discovered since moving from DF to the sticks...there are lots and lots and lots of bugs and snakes and scorpions and things I can't identify but certainly will run away from out here.
Rose Cohen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
. . .
One thing I've discovered since moving from DF to the sticks...there are lots and lots and lots of bugs and snakes and scorpions and things I can't identify but certainly will run away from out here.

Yet another good reason for living in Mexico City!
kimberleygd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two that I have seen have been belly up. One I mistakenly rescued and it just flew away. My dog doesn't seem to pay too much attention to them.

I'm all legal now, I have that precious little stamp/photo thingy in my passport and will trade that in at immigration soon.

I must say that I have asked my dog several times in the last few days "what have I done?" lol.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:

Get in the habit of ALWAYS shaking out your shoes - vigorously - before putting them on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: