Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Huelva

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot_spencer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Huelva Reply with quote

Hello. I am in talks with a school in Huelva. They are closed for 2 months during the summer so no pay - does anyone know of any summer camps down there? Also, is it easy to pick up extra work there?

Thanks
Nicky_McG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean this in a bad way but maybe you need to decide on a city or region you're going and then try to make it work. Posts from you have popped up on almost every European country board asking for info and you always say you are in talks with a school etc.

I think I mentioned this before but Madrid is the best bet for Spain. Wages decrease south of there. I'm afraid I don't know much about Spanish summer camps other than that I wouldn't want to do them. Another advantage of Madrid is that it's still possible to find work in June and July (less so)
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought you were committed to a school in the Czech Republic. I recall spending a fair amount of time and energy giving input on the job, which was well above the norm for the region, and on the logistics around it. Evidently this fell through for some reason- it would be useful to know what happened. Not to mention that courtesy would normally demand some thanks and explanation when assistance has been rendered.
Nicky_McG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
I actually thought you were committed to a school in the Czech Republic. I recall spending a fair amount of time and energy giving input on the job, which was well above the norm for the region, and on the logistics around it. Evidently this fell through for some reason- it would be useful to know what happened. Not to mention that courtesy would normally demand some thanks and explanation when assistance has been rendered.

That's interesting Spiral because the OP seemed pretty committed to going to France last time I spoke to him. Recently, he's asked about Tallin, Warsaw, Budapest, Paris, Amiens, Cadiz, Albacete, London, Montreal and the Czech Republic and that list is not even exhaustive. Usually he is at interview stage or 'in talks".

Come one Elliot, you're taking the proverbial a little here.
elliot_spencer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ı am currently ın Istanbul and thıngs ın Turkey are hottıng up, yes I asked many questıons about various places as they are places to whıch I applıed. For the CR when I saw the contract ıt worked out that the salary was paıd 1/2 by the school and 1/2 by the agency and they were unsure as to who would pay me durıng the xmas holiday etc. It all seemed a bıt iffy and also a lot of work - I dıdnt lıke the ıdea of beıng the only Eng teacher ın a state school.

France - WSI just dıdnt get back to me for a long whıle and when they dıd I relaısed the salary of 1250eur wasn't enough for France.

Tallinn - after havıng a 2nd ıntervıew I decıded that Tallinn wasn't for me.

Now I have weeded through lots I am actually holding out for a job ın Albacete.

Before I decıde on a place I do ask lots of Qs as I lıke to be fully ınformed... Sorry ıf I bothered anyone.

Thanks agaın

Elliot
elliot_spencer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nıcky - my post of Montreal and London were years ago.. Ive been teachıng abroad for 8 years now -- I often move around...

Nicky_McG wrote:
spiral78 wrote:

That's interesting Spiral because the OP seemed pretty committed to going to France last time I spoke to him. Recently, he's asked about Tallin, Warsaw, Budapest, Paris, Amiens, Cadiz, Albacete, London, Montreal and the Czech Republic and that list is not even exhaustive. Usually he is at interview stage or 'in talks".

spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the CR when I saw the contract ıt worked out that the salary was paıd 1/2 by the school and 1/2 by the agency and they were unsure as to who would pay me durıng the xmas holiday etc. It all seemed a bıt iffy and also a lot of work - I dıdnt lıke the ıdea of beıng the only Eng teacher ın a state school.

The school where you told me you were negotiating was a privately owned one. Maybe you've spoken to so many you've forgotten.

In any case, your timing is now on the borderline of being off; the better contracts have been/are being filled at this very moment. October is past the due-by date in the region.
Nicky_McG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot_spencer wrote:
Nıcky - my post of Montreal and London were years ago.. Ive been teachıng abroad for 8 years now -- I often move around...

Nicky_McG wrote:
spiral78 wrote:

Years ago?

This one was from May 7 2015

"
Quote:
Does anyone know current rates for teachers ın Montreal and also ıf there ıs work? Whıch cıty ın Canada offers most TEFL job opportunıtıes

Thanks

Seeing as you seem to have some kind of agenda here let's have a look at some of your other posts from this year:

April 9 2015

Quote:
Hello, I have an interview with ITJ in Guadalajara and they've asked me for my expected salary. What should I say? What's a decent salary for there?

Thanks

Thailand forum 11 April 2015

Quote:
Hello everyone, I spent the whole of last night looking through this forum and found some of the info OFD.

I am in talks with a school and they are offering me 40000baht which I know many people will say is not enough (I could go with the council and make 65000 baht but I would have to work evenings and weekends and not so sure I like that idea); realistically is 40000 baht a month really that bad? How hard is it to make more without having to do privates every night? Also how hard is it to find a teaching job paying 50 or 60k a month which is not an international school?

Thanks

I'm not going to continues as most of your posts are pretty similar. You appear in a country forum acting like you're definitely going there, get lots of advice and then do the same in another county forum.

What's the point in people taking the time to offer you good advice if you don't even seem to know what continent you're going to?
elliot_spencer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this forum was all about being able to get ınfo on places you'd like to teach and ınform yourself...
Nicky_McG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's to offer and GIVE advice. Most people are happy to offer advice to newbies but there comes a time when you need to give something back or at least acknowledge people's help.

Not that I'd want advice from somebody like you to be clear. I think the posts below make it clear you're a fantasist:

Friday Jan 03 2015

Quote:
Hi everyone. I am a 30 year old British teacher. I have 7 years teaching experience, I have a BA(hons) in Teaching English, Celta grade B and a Delta, I am also a Cambridge ESOL speaking examiner and am also an IELTS examiner . I have been applying to almost every job in Japan for the past 3 years and I have not been able to find anything... am I too qualified/old?

Wed March 07 2007

Quote:
I myself have been working for a langauge school teaching ESOL here in England for the past 10 years (I am 30) and that's how I met my wife.

Don't embarrass yourself any further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: