Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queretaro Expat/Teacher Groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Queretaro Expat/Teacher Groups Reply with quote

Having a really hard time finding groups for expats and foreign teachers in Queretaro...not much on the usual channels like facebook and internations.

Anyone know of where I might find such an online group?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Queretaro Expat/Teacher Groups Reply with quote

Guy Courchesne wrote:
Having a really hard time finding groups for expats and foreign teachers in Queretaro...not much on the usual channels like facebook and internations.

Anyone know of where I might find such an online group?

There is an active chapter of MEXTESOL in Queretaro, maybe contact them for contacts. And there was a poster here a few years ago, I think his name was Jeremy, if you happen to have his contact information he might be able to help you.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy has since moved back to the US and gotten married...

Thanks, will look into Mextesol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jultime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy, I've been looking for expat groups in Qro for the last 5 months with no luck. There is no local MEXTESOL group according to their website.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They must all be at one bar somewhere that has no wifi... Laughing

Last edited by Guy Courchesne on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mmarc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Qro! I work at the International School of Querétaro and have been here just about 3 weeks. No expat groups that I know of, but I'd be happy to join a meetup if you feel like planning one, Guy.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just missed you mmarc...I was on campus at your school 3 weeks ago.

I will let you know next time I'm in town...there are now at least 4 of us here in the city. That makes for a cubetazo. Very Happy
Fitzgerald

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to this topic because I haven't logged in for a while. I have discussed this with Guy in person. Queretaro is indeed lacking in such groups. I established a group on Meetup called "Queretaro International Fridays," but although it ostensibly has a lot of (mostly Mexican) members, the live meetings petered out fairly rapidly, and I haven't done anything about the group in a while.

I would kill for an expat-friendly bar and have thought about trying to create one by "colonizing."

There is supposed to be such a huge expat community in Queretaro - not just English-speaking, but including lots of Europeans and Asians here working for businesses. (There is a HUGE amount of international investment in Queretaro, and many foreign-owned companies.) But this international community is exceptionally recessive by the standards of my travels. Where are they all hiding, I wonder?
Jultime

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help you colonize a bar in Qro. Maybe we'll have to invite the TripAdvisor local expert too, his forum looks awfully lonely.

And yes from what I hear there's a large expat community out there somewhere.
Fitzgerald

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jultime wrote:
I'll help you colonize a bar in Qro. Maybe we'll have to invite the TripAdvisor local expert too, his forum looks awfully lonely.

And yes from what I hear there's a large expat community out there somewhere.

Maybe next Friday, September 11? There are many bars in and near Centro that are pretty promising.
Jultime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me, inbox me and I'll give you my number. I'm sure some of my co-workers will be interested in meeting up too.
jpreme87

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also live in Queretaro. But don't usually do meetups. haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: