Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mafia Princess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnix

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Mafia Princess Reply with quote

I am sure we all have our favorite stories about our favorite characters who decided to come overseas and "teach".

One of my favorites is one I met in a certain program in Korea(it is still operating...well...kinda).Anyway,this bimbette,when asked why she had thrown all caution to the winds and embarked on a career Rolling Eyes of teaching overseas replied ,with a straight face."Actually,I am on the run.I come from a Mafia family and some other part of the mob has a contract out on my dad and the rest of the family,including me.I even had to change my name to Jones."And there were some other people who even BELIEVED her Laughing

Another member of our "gang'claimed to have been a combat veteran in the Korean War...small problem...he would have been only four years old at the time of the conflict...in his lies,he started out as a lieutenant,but as time wore on(and he drank more)...he progressed all the way to brigadier general...

Another guy claimed to be a Hollywood scriptwriter,teaching English overseas "just for the experience".When pressed to name some of the movies he had worked on in the past,he responded"Well,they were all pretty obscure.Doubt if you have even heard of them'.Yeah,right. Smile Rolling Eyes
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Shameless Reply with quote

Dear bnix,
Tsk, tsk - some people are shameless. Wait until I tell Brad about this. He's over here doing some research into his next role, a CIA operative whose cover is being an EFL teacher. Langley insisted I " prep " him - all those guys think about is PR. I mean - as if I didn't have enough to do already.
Regards,
John
Roger

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give a kingdom to be on the hearing side in an interview for an ESL job in Libya or North Korea...
Just wonder if these impostors believe they can put out the same fairy tales...
biffinbridge

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: The Middle East Reply with quote

The Middle East is full of nutters talking chod.When I worked there I met dentists who doubled as fighter pilots,one man who headed ETA and PIRA at the same time and a man who claimed to have been a sniper in Bosnia while posing as an efl teacher.At least "doors" had the decency to tell everyone that he was just pulling their legs...I think he was on an anti b.s campaign and made his point by exaggerating one of his own.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: