Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

moving to chile to find work, temp resident visa?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bell1691

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: moving to chile to find work, temp resident visa? Reply with quote

Hello,

I lived in Chile last year working for a volunteer program. I want to move back and look for work as an esl teacher, but I heard that going on a tourist visa, It can take 3 months to process a work visa after you have found a job and that most employers don't like to go into that process anyway. But I also read that the residents temporaria titular allows a person to work legally in Chile and can last up to a year. Is it a good idea to apply for this before I go? I emailed my consulate asking how much money I would need to show in my bank account or what could constitute a monthly income since I don't have a pension... But they just said "Tienes que acreditar que tienes un ingreso mensual regular o de lo contrario mucho dinero."hahaha which was not very helpful to me because I think everyone has different concepts of what that means. Someone online said they were able to get in with 50,000 in their bank....well I am a pretty recent graduate. Does anyone have an estimate of what would be sufficient for staying in Valdivia Chile for a year, that the consulate might accept? What about 10k? I am employed and get monthly paychecks....can I submit something to that effect as well to demonstrate I am financially solvent???
Thanks for your help!
jakemh

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different kinds of visas temporarias. It looks like you know some Spanish, so check out this page: http://www.extranjeria.gob.cl/tipos-de-residencia-temporaria/

I think the visa you were talking about is the one intended for people to retire in Chile but is also available to anyone who can show sufficient funds from abroad to live in Chile even if they don't make any money IN Chile.

EFL teachers don't usually have those kinds of funds, so it's more common to go for #8. Profesionales y más de un contrato.

Edit: By the way, I believe all those visas can (must?) be applied for from within Chile, but if you go for #8, you'll want to get your diploma legalized before you go to Chile. Sorry if you're already here... ^_^
hconger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: New visa type Reply with quote

Chile released a new temp residence visa this year which should help if you can get a contract (easier said than done).

It's #11- por motivos laborales.

You only need one contract for this one and the school doesn't have to agree to pay for your flight back (which makes them more willing to sign the contract!)

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: