Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No go Summer schools.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SueH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will,

Sounds like the authentic voice of experience.. I have changed the sheets on changeover day but made my feelings known. At that particular summer school the adults with the group did most of the activity and pastoral crap, so it was a reasonable trade.

The ancillary staff even removed the rat from the teachers' lounge in our block, so can't complain too much!!

Ahh, summer schools....
Will.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,
I've notched up an incredible 9 months of summer school over the years, four of them in senior positions.
Sheets: You sleep in 'em, you want 'em changed take 'em off and throw 'em in the corridor, or present them to staff, who will give you clean ones. Now make your own bed!
Most kids try it on, but it is amazing how inventive they can be at trying to get us to do it for them. Oh noo... "Do you really want to sleep in that bed?" you may be Momma's little darling... I ain't Momma.
Group leaders do have their uses after all, though at times you wonder if they really know what they are asking you to do and why.
Who put the rat in the teachers block?
SueH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mummy and daddy rat put juvenile rat in the teachers' room. The smell wasn't purely rat however, as one of the summer staff (an older pupil at the school) identified the curious condition of the sofa and curtains as the result of an inexperienced drinker at the end of the previous term.
Will.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the inexperienced drinker... the pizza designs left on carpets and toilet floors. "You have hangover? Don't feel too good? Well clean this up and then have a nice fried breakfast... description to follow and accompany the cleaning process.
I used to be sympathetic.
At a previous residential I finally realised why the older ones were tired...
After lights out they would wait until 2 or 3am then call each other on the mobile and meet up outside for a drinksfest on the playing fields in the middle of the night. Full marks for ingenuity, we never found out uhtil near the end as long as it is not noisy or doesn't wake us we believe everything to be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: