Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Studying spanish as a Foreign Language

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Studying spanish as a Foreign Language Reply with quote

I'm thinking about going to a Latin American sountry after I finish in Peru and studying spanish as a foreign language for a semester or two. I studied it for years and lived in Spain, but would like to do it again, in Uruguay, Argentina, or Paraguay, or Bolivia.
The thing is I don't want to go through a study abroad program, because they charge heaps of money, like 1000 USD a month or so. I'd ratyher pay that much for a semester than a month.
Anyone know of affordable programs in universities or language schools?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.downtown-studio.com.ar/fees.htm (12wks850)
http://www.ilbass.com.ar/english/index.html 10 pesos (18p=6usd)

I'm looking at these two. Any info?
ClaudeRains

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Naturegirl

Try www.123teachme.com It's a website for every Spanish language school in the world. You'll find mountains of info on price, quality, courses, accommodations, and board there. The best deals seem to be in Guatemala however. About 3-4 times cheaper than Mexico, and about 3 times cheaper than Argentina. Bolivia has some civil unrest percolating in its Indigena areas towards Whites of any language. Good luck.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClaudeRains wrote:
Hi Naturegirl

Try www.123teachme.com It's a website for every Spanish language school in the world. You'll find mountains of info on price, quality, courses, accommodations, and board there. The best deals seem to be in Guatemala however. About 3-4 times cheaper than Mexico, and about 3 times cheaper than Argentina. Bolivia has some civil unrest percolating in its Indigena areas towards Whites of any language. Good luck.

Yeah, I found out about that webstie and yo-hablo.com
Guatemala lookks good. Found some schools in San Pedro for 50 a week.
mariah27

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Studying spanish as a Foreign Language Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
I'm thinking about going to a Latin American sountry after I finish in Peru and studying spanish as a foreign language for a semester or two. I studied it for years and lived in Spain, but would like to do it again, in Uruguay, Argentina, or Paraguay, or Bolivia.
The thing is I don't want to go through a study abroad program, because they charge heaps of money, like 1000 USD a month or so. I'd ratyher pay that much for a semester than a month.
Anyone know of affordable programs in universities or language schools?

Hello
I know a program in Buenos Aires, which is really affordable and very intensive.I �ve been learning Spanish there and I am fully satisfied with everything they are www.iberospanish.com , now they are also offering discounts if you wanna ask me something pls drop me a line [email protected]
All the best,
Mariah Adkins
North Hollywood,CA.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the thorn tree discussion forums on the lonely planet website, there is lots of info about language schools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: