Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone applied for AEON while overseas?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcatsninfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Has anyone applied for AEON while overseas? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I've read about the "normal" AEON interview process, but my situation is a little different. I'm currently teaching in Korea. I emailed their Tokyo office and asked them what to do since you have to apply through a specific location (different cities in the US or their Tokyo office). They told me to submit my information through their Tokyo office. I did that, and about a week later I was scheduled for a Skype interview.

Has anyone applied to AEON in this fashion? Do 100% of their teachers interview in person at some point? The reason I ask is because my teaching contract in Korea ends in February and I don't have any time where I can travel to Tokyo between then and now. I have winter vacation but I'm going back to the US for the first time in 2 years.

I'm also wondering what questions they'll ask me during the Skype interview. I've seen what they asked other people online, but those were from people living in the US who could go to a recruiting event and interview in person later. I don't know if my Skype interview would be different.

Anyway, thanks for any information you can provide.
GrungeHamster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should say in their email to you what it is they are looking for during the Skype interview. They will likely want to see how familiar you are with the content they have on their website.

Basically, to make sure you studied and that your expectations of the job match theirs. What sort of lessons does Aeon offer its students? To who? How many? When? What other duties are teachers expected to do besides teaching? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? How can you get past that weakness?

Besides that you might want to think about why you are choosing Japan, or why you are choosing Aeon.

1. Aeon related questions based on their website. Just be familair with it.
2. Questions related to you and your experiences. Things also related to your strengths and weaknesses
3. Why did you choose Japan? Why teach English and why Aeon?

If you think about those and do as they ask in their email to you, you should be just fine. I do not know how extensive your experience with Japan is or how your current teaching positions is, but if you are professional, clear and concise you should be fine.
rslrunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone applied for AEON while overseas? Reply with quote

tcatsninfan wrote:
Hello all,

I've read about the "normal" AEON interview process, but my situation is a little different. I'm currently teaching in Korea. I emailed their Tokyo office and asked them what to do since you have to apply through a specific location (different cities in the US or their Tokyo office). They told me to submit my information through their Tokyo office. I did that, and about a week later I was scheduled for a Skype interview.

Has anyone applied to AEON in this fashion? Do 100% of their teachers interview in person at some point? The reason I ask is because my teaching contract in Korea ends in February and I don't have any time where I can travel to Tokyo between then and now. I have winter vacation but I'm going back to the US for the first time in 2 years.

I'm also wondering what questions they'll ask me during the Skype interview. I've seen what they asked other people online, but those were from people living in the US who could go to a recruiting event and interview in person later. I don't know if my Skype interview would be different.

Are you willing to submit to behavior modification? Are you willing to be someone you are not, for the benefit of your employer? Are you willing to be molded?

If the answer is yes to all three, then let them know in the interview. They crave people like this.
jkozera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone applied for AEON while overseas? Reply with quote

must.....not...feed the troll...

rslrunner wrote:
tcatsninfan wrote:
Hello all,

Are you willing to submit to behavior modification? Are you willing to be someone you are not, for the benefit of your employer? Are you willing to be molded?

If the answer is yes to all three, then let them know in the interview. They crave people like this.
isitts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Has anyone applied for AEON while overseas? Reply with quote

tcatsninfan wrote:
Do 100% of their teachers interview in person at some point? The reason I ask is because my teaching contract in Korea ends in February and I don't have any time where I can travel to Tokyo between then and now. I have winter vacation but I'm going back to the US for the first time in 2 years.

I can't say for certain, as I've never applied/worked for AEON, but their application process seems pretty formalized. You may need to choose which is more important to you; getting the job or taking your vacation.

For me, when I'm hoping to have continuous employment, I get the job and take vacation on my new contract. If I want a vacation, then I take an extended vacation and apply for the next intake of whatever job I'm hoping to get.

Just my two cents. But maybe someone who has done AEON can answer better.
Gazoo1000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Aeon require all applicants to do a demo lesson interview after the initial Skype interview?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Japan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: