Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

adveti
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: adveti Reply with quote

Would appreciate anyone able to recommend working for Adveti and have an opinion on which is preferable to live with an 8 year old - Al Ain or Abu Dhabi?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past comments about ADVETI have been so-so to downright avoid. That said, you likely won't get much recent info about ADVETI on this forum. Instead, do an Internet search on adveti forum and you'll see plenty of links to sites dedicated to the topic and with recent chatter.
Megaro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh no one has anything good to say eh. Wow, are there any recommendations on colleges or uni's to teach at in Al Ain?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a related MA and a few years of experience with Arabic speakers, you might try UAEU.

You might want to read the HCT thread a few down on this page to see what is going on in the UAE right now as far as decent TEFL jobs. It will show you why good jobs will be hard to find because of the significant competition.

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd need at minimum, a TEFL-related MA + several years of related experience. It's very competitive, plus, most recruitment in the region occurs at TESOL Arabia's job fair in March. Anyway, UAE University is in Al Ain.

That said, be aware that the big govt universities, including UAEU, will end their foundation year programs in a couple of years -- hiring has tapered off significantly, with the exception of HCT (bleh). (See Foundation year to be or not to be).

Laughing
VS, you beat me to it!
Megaro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an M ED a TESL Diploma taught 3 years in Oman, 3 in Korea and 3 in Canada....was hoping for 3 plus in UAE. Will check out the uni's
Gulezar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: adveti Reply with quote

Megaro wrote:
Would appreciate anyone able to recommend working for Adveti and have an opinion on which is preferable to live with an 8 year old - Al Ain or Abu Dhabi?

The 8 year old soon becomes a 10 year old. Abu Dhabi has lots of family activities, as does Al Ain. Although, camping and wadi bashing is great fun with a child, these can be done from either Al Ain or Abu Dhabi. I would expect that sooner or later your 8 year old might be hounding you for trips to "THE CITY", be it Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

For the regular day to day life, I would say that Abu Dhabi might be better for a parent with child; there are just more options for family-friendly activities, and probably more choices for child-care service.
Megaro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly appreciate the feed back from each of you. Thank you
canadianUAE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently lost my job in AD after 11 years with the same gov't college...HCT takeover...(thanks a lot)...It was a HUGE disappointment, and a slap in the face. As you know, one gets housing, flights, etc etc, so when you lose your job, you lose your housing, I got almost no notice, and no EOS gratuity!!
Anyhow, the UAE was my home, and am trying to get back there. I have an upcoming interview with Advetti, and figure i'd take it if nothing else til something better comes along.
What they are paying is disgusting...20 k..no flights, no housing, I don't know how others are accepting it. Do they know how expensive AD is? It'd take half that salary just for housing.
I"m somewhat lucky in that I have connections there who can put me up for a bit, but again, i'd be going to look for other opportunities.
As it is, I already have to shell out a lot of money to get to the interview. They said it's going to be over 1 hr interview? Grammar test also lol...I'm a bit confused as to who I'd be teaching. Seems to be supporting teachers, but don't know if it's in schools or in the Advetti Colleges? Anyone been to their interviews?
canadianUAE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
Past comments about ADVETI have been so-so to downright avoid. That said, you likely won't get much recent info about ADVETI on this forum. Instead, do an Internet search on adveti forum and you'll see plenty of links to sites dedicated to the topic and with recent chatter.

Why nothing recent about them? Are they not as relevant as the almighty HCT? Rolling Eyes I'm also wondering about Advetti.
Gulezar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Vocation Reply with quote

canadianUAE wrote:
nomad soul wrote:

Why nothing recent about them? Are they not as relevant as the almighty HCT? Rolling Eyes I'm also wondering about Advetti.

Isn't ADVETI vocational? HCT is "learning by doing". That's about as academic as it gets for many of the UAE high school leavers.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadianUAE wrote:
nomad soul wrote:

There are other teaching forums besides this one. But as I stated above, do a regular Internet search on adveti forum. Ditto for a Net search on adveti reviews. That should connect you to more recent comments.
s2000000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: ADVETI/MOE TEACHER/TRAINER POSITIONS: ABU DHABI Reply with quote

Anybody know the upper age limit/range for these positions with them?

Last edited by s2000000 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
nomad soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: ADVETI/MOE TEACHER/TRAINER POSITIONS: ABU DHABI Reply with quote

s2000000 wrote:
Anybody know the upper age limit/range for these positions with ADVETI?

Current ads indicate age 58.
Megaro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what an absolute unprofessional with It's Academic recruiting out of Toronto for Adveti. öoops sorry, Ädveti actually doesn't include your kid's education. ohhh sorry again, that salary saying including accoms means u pay your own accoms. Can't be hired to work in the UAE after you turn 53. Good luck to all of you. I'm done with trying to teach esl with my credentials and experience. it's all a joke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: