Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

possible to extend non-B visa for 30 days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itinerantteacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: possible to extend non-B visa for 30 days? Reply with quote

hi, i tried the search function with no luck.
does anyone know if it's possible to extend a non-B for 30 days? the term ends just after my initial 90 day non-B expires and the school doesn't want to do the paperwork for a proper work permit for 1 month.
cheers for any help/info. paul
suphanburi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: possible to extend non-B visa for 30 days? Reply with quote

itinerantteacher wrote:
hi, i tried the search function with no luck.
does anyone know if it's possible to extend a non-B for 30 days? the term ends just after my initial 90 day non-B expires and the school doesn't want to do the paperwork for a proper work permit for 1 month.
cheers for any help/info. paul

The short answer is no.
The long answer is convoluted and still amounts to "no" but if you "quit" you can go to immigration and get a 7-day extension for 1900 baht.

IF you are from a G7 country a simple border run will get you 30 days as a tourist but as we all know, it is illegal to work on a tourist entry . Wink Wink

sigmoid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The short answer is no.

In general, I think this is correct. You should probably search for "thai visa" on the internet. There is a site that specializes in this subject. Or check with the immigration department or have someone do that.

Quote:
IF you are from a G7 country a simple border run will get you 30 days as a tourist but as we all know, it is illegal to work on a tourist entry .

Not sure about this. It may be just 15 days now. Maybe that's enough for you.

Or, you may want to try to get a 60-day tourist visa because you used to be able to convert that to a non-B. But that was years ago, not sure about now. Anyway, there's nothing your can do with a 30-day stamp.

Or, it seems that if you have the paperwork from the school, you could possibly get a new 90-day non-B?

Re: visa runs, I have heard that the consulate in Savannakhet, Laos is better/easier than the one in Vientiane. On the other hand, it's much easier to get to Vientiane,

Anyway, if your school can't help you, look for a new job. In the meantime, see what you can find on the web.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: