Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English First vs. Language Company in Santiago

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xaha13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: English First vs. Language Company in Santiago Reply with quote

I've been applying for various TEFL jobs in Santiago and I have received job offers from both English First and the Language Company. I'm now beginning the process of trying to weigh up which might suit me best and I was wondering if anybody on here may have some insight or advice on either/both of these places.

My impressions so far are that the job at TLC might be more challenging and hands-on (which might be a good thing) but that I may earn less money and have to do a lot of travelling day-to-day. On the other hand, EF seems to pay better and is located in one spot, but seems a little less stimulating in terms of the actual work - possibly because it seems to be a more corporate and profit-driven environment. However, these are just my initial thoughts and I definitely need to do a bit more research. Just hoping that someone on here may have some light to shed on the situation that will help things along.

Some background info also: I'm from the UK and this will be my first teaching/travelling experience. I have a TEFL course and a Bachelor's Degree.
noddy_88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: EF not so great Reply with quote

This is probably irrelevant now, but I worked for EF. They don't pay so great, and you will have to travel. They had 3 centres when I worked for them, plus I got sent to students' offices all over the city. They basic pay was 6000 CLP/hour, which went up to 6300 if you had a CELTA or equivalent (whoopy!). I hope whatever choice you've made has worked out for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: