Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

getting ESL work in Chile...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inotu-unotme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: getting ESL work in Chile... Reply with quote

Does Chile still get a huge amount of ESL teachers?

Can Chile support the amount of people going there looking for work?

How difficult is it to find work there?
Do you feel there is enough work for the amount of ESL teachers looking?

Is it possible to live comfortably on the amount the average teacher is paid?

Is it possible to work at just one school these days? Or, do teachers still have to travel from school to school to make full time hours?
noddy_88

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: It can be done Reply with quote

Not sure if this is still relevant but I was working in Santiago until a few months ago. There were a lot of ESL teachers, but quite a lot of work. Generally if you make a bit of effort you should be ok and I found that with word of mouth and recommendations from students, after a few months I was turning work down because I just didn't have the time.

I would say it is definitely possible to make a good living. However, this depends on how much work you're willing to put in. In a good month I was making 1,000,000 CLP/month between working for the institute and private classes, but that meant working 8 am - 9 pm Mon-Fri.

You can work for one school, but that will limit your earning potential, and even so, you will probably have to travel to your students' offices at least some of the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Chile All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: