Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storing luggage while back-packing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudeabides

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Storing luggage while back-packing... Reply with quote

I am currently teaching English in Asia. When my contract expires at the end of summer I am going to Thailand for three weeks before I head back to North America. When I'm in Thailand, I want to travel the country with only my backpack. I don't want to have to carry my two very large and heavy suitcases with me. I want to leave my bags somewhere.

Can I store my luggage at the airport while I travel? Or perhaps store them somewhere else?

I'm sure someone reading this has been in a similar situation. Let me know what I can do.

Thanks!
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post on the Thailand forum. Every airport has its own set up.
Celeste

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is a "left luggage" room in the Bangkok airport. Don't know what it costs though.
gerard

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a "mini-storage" place in you point of departure. Pay for a month find a place you can trust. Maybe a local can look into it for you. But this means flying back to your point of departure before going home if that is what you are doing. You dont want to be lugging heavy suitcases around. Mini storage should cost 20 bucks a month tops.
Roger

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect airports to be paranoid about luggage being left there for weeks on end, so in my opinion there is little chance there is such a facility there!
Try a hotel! If you stay for one night, I am fairly certain you could negotiate a special deal
mrAndrew

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be no problem in Bangkok. As long as you are willing to part with 25-50 cents 10-20 thai baht per day, there are lots of options in the Koh San Road area where you can stay a day or two and store bags for months. Check with the larger ones. When I left my bags at one place for 6 weeks the owner gave me a nice price break, but this is something you may want to work out in advance...but that would go for just about any transaction. Good luck and have fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: