Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re Police Clearance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: re Police Clearance Reply with quote

Can someone please clarify whether you need it from your home country, or if one is suitable when obtained in Thailand?

I am just in the process of gathering my paperwork for my trip, so I want to make sure I have all documents in place.

Any advice would be appreciated Very Happy
sigmoid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the police check is for the school's hiring process, not the application for the work permit, but I could be wrong.

On your other thread you said "I have already messaged a few institutions from Ajarn, and have had a few responses back..."

So, you should check with these schools. Potential employers should be able to clarify anything about employment-related issues.

Or, hopefully someone can add some more info.

I imagine though that they want one from your home country.
Shawn Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I would think so as it seems the most logical response. I did hear though that it can be obtained from in Thailand and that it isn't a big issue. This came through one of the recruitment agencies.

Also, I have an interview with Sine Education and have review their information booklet. It states no visible tattoos. I do have letters across my knuckles, so I do hope this is not a concern! Again, I guess I will need to check in with my prospective employer.

Thank you for your response! Very Happy
suphanburi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to sigmoid: It is now a requirement (has been since January) for your visa application if your non-b is being issued on the basis of being a "teacher".

It is currently not an issue for extensions of a non-B and some immigration offices will waive the requirement if you are doing a conversion from another visa to non-B while IN Thailand (as compared to going to a consulate or embassy (where it will be required).

OP:

If you currently have a non-B or non-O in Thailand and have been here for a while then a police check from the Royal Thai Police will suffice.

If you do not/have not then you will need one from your home country.

IF you are from the UK then ACCRO or Disclosure Scotland.
If you are from the US it can be FBI or State level.
If you are from Canada then any Canadian police service will suffice.
If you are from the Philippines then either an NBI or PNP cert will suffice.
Aussies and Kiwis need one from the national police service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: