Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My vacation to the Philippines
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suphanburi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fpshangzhou wrote:
I've always heard about how cheap cebu pacific and cathaway airlines are, but still pretty high also. Heading sometime early February for Chinese New Year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wanting to travel into or out of China during the Chinese new year is NEVER cheap. It would be akin to flying during the XMAS rush at home.

Pick another season or bite the bullet and pay the price; pretty much your only 2 options.

theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying out out Shanghai direct to Manila (red eye flight getting in at 4am) on the 30th, then down to Batangas and across to Puerto Galera for a few days.

If I like it I'll stay the full 11 days but I might try out another island.

Unfortunately flying China Southern, not Cathay, and ticket price was RMB3390.

Should be a nice little break from they grey skies of Shanghai.
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And indeed it was an awesome break.

Met some guys from Qingdao, who paid 1990 yuan return to Manila, business class on Cathay. Lucky buggers.

Anyway, I'll be back in the Philippines as soon as possible. Was a delightful holiday.
rioux

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theoriginalprankster wrote:
And indeed it was an awesome break.

Met some guys from Qingdao, who paid 1990 yuan return to Manila, business class on Cathay. Lucky buggers.

Anyway, I'll be back in the Philippines as soon as possible. Was a delightful holiday.

I'm definitely looking forward to going back in a few months.
Sometimes when I get down here (in China) about things it certainly is a nice thought to make it through.
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometimes when I get down here (in China) about things it certainly is a nice thought to make it through.

Life in SH is pretty good, except for access to blue skies, clean beaches and clean blue oceans.

Life in Xiamen was pretty good, except that the water was far from blue, it got seriously hot and humid in summer (and foggy in winter), and the foreigner crowd there is an incestuous snakepit.
theoriginalprankster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I booked a ticket on Cebu Air flying out on the 16th of April and back on the 25th, but as it turned out I won't be able to go.

Luckily the ticket was cheap(ish) - 1450.

I'll definitely be going in July/August, rain or shine. Tickets are about 2000 then, but I'm sure I can find something cheaper.

WILL NOT be flying China Southern (ever again) as they are used to extra judiciously transport non-citizens of China to China from other countries.

So either Cathay or Cebu or Philippines Air.

I love the Philippines - the people, the islands, the beaches, the clean seas, the laid back way of living. Perfect antidote to China.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: