Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best places to live/ teach in Taiwan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_simpson01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Best places to live/ teach in Taiwan Reply with quote

Hello Smile

My partner and I are currently in the middle of completing our 120 TEFL course with the intent to move to Taiwan either later this year (2015) or early next (2016) and teach together in the same school if possible (is it likely that we would get a position together?)

I would like a bit advice on the area - Best places to live & teach or anywhere we should avoid?

Neither of us have done anything like this before so are totally new to the whole experience.

Also, are there any websites that are good for finding jobs in Taiwan? I have registered with Serious Teachers but they seem mostly China orientated and I'm not really hearing much back from elsewhere. TeachAway looked good but do you have to pay them for finding you work? I read somewhere that you shouldn't ever have to pay any money to a recruiter. Is this correct?

Thanks so much in advance, any advice would be massively appreciated.

Beccy Smile
Shakey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new post on the Taiwan forum!

THe last one was on March 22 - that's nearly a month ago. The TEFL scene has really come to a slow down in Taiwan, eh?

I recall this part of the forum being pretty busy 10 years ago. But, in fairness, it is not just the Taiwan forum, is it.
janice_l

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Best places to live/ teach in Taiwan Reply with quote

b_simpson01 wrote:
Hello Smile

My partner and I are currently in the middle of completing our 120 TEFL course with the intent to move to Taiwan either later this year (2015) or early next (2016) and teach together in the same school if possible (is it likely that we would get a position together?)

I would like a bit advice on the area - Best places to live & teach or anywhere we should avoid?

Neither of us have done anything like this before so are totally new to the whole experience.

Also, are there any websites that are good for finding jobs in Taiwan? I have registered with Serious Teachers but they seem mostly China orientated and I'm not really hearing much back from elsewhere. TeachAway looked good but do you have to pay them for finding you work? I read somewhere that you shouldn't ever have to pay any money to a recruiter. Is this correct?

Beccy Smile

Hey Beccy! Janice from Teach Away here. I just wanted to clarify that we don't charge teachers for any recruitment services.

I've personally lived in Taipei for a few months during my university exchange and really loved it. The people there are really sweet and enthusiastic, and the country is very green.

Let me know if you have any q's about Taipei or Teach Away Smile
b_simpson01

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Best places to live/ teach in Taiwan Reply with quote

janice_l wrote:
b_simpson01 wrote:
Hello Smile

Beccy Smile

Hey Beccy! Janice from Teach Away here. I just wanted to clarify that we don't charge teachers for any recruitment services.

I've personally lived in Taipei for a few months during my university exchange and really loved it. The people there are really sweet and enthusiastic, and the country is very green.

Let me know if you have any q's about Taipei or Teach Away Smile

Hi Janice

Sorry I have just realised you replied to my post. Thanks so much for clarifying that Teach Away don't charge, I really like the look of them. Its so good to know that you liked Taiwan as well. I think we are leaning towards there the most so your opinion is much appreciated. I will PM you if I have any questions if you don't mind? We aren't looking to go until early next year so I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some before then! Smile

Beccy x
JZer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taiwan is a great place to live. I don't know what the job market is like these days. I lived in Taipei for 4 years.

Are you looking for city life or beach life? Taiwan has some great beach towns.
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Teach Away is reputable. The other recruiter companies worth checking out are Prime Teachers and Footprints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: