Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honestly - BEST Asian country to work in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timothypfox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFL Educator and Prof.Gringo, so, what is it about Malaysia? Without being cryptic and indirect please.
twowheel

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked in China for 7 years (Chengdu and Beijing) and in Japan for 5 years (Hamamatsu and Shizuoka City).

I'll pick China (Beijing) over Japan. With the right connections, reputation, and competence, there's a lot of work to be had here in Beijing and in China; naturally this can be the case anywhere, but this has worked out for me much better in Beijing than in any other place I have ever been.

I find Japan to be saturated with foreign teachers. Here in China, demand far outstrips an attractive supply.

I'd like to stick around Beijing for a longer while and see what happens. As is the case with all places, Beijing is good...until it ain't. I'll stick around until I get to that "ain't" moment. The pollution is not a dealbreaker for me.

Peace Corps is entering Myanmar in early 2017. To mix it up a bit and for something shorter term, I may consider that some day, but I don't entertain the idea of living in Myanmar longer term. I also don't take the idea of living and working long term in SE Asia very seriously.

I would be interested in doing shorter-term contract work in Afghanistan.

Japan has become a nice place for me to visit only and I make sure to do so every 2 to 3 years. I have abandoned my desires of returning to Japan for the longer term and attempting to make a go at it. Again, Beijing suits me much better on a professional level.

twowheel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: