Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regent - Elblag
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just reality Smile Apparently the Regent admin. is so desperate to defend their crappy school that they are willing to go onto forums or put teachers up to going onto forums to write a bunch of rosy horse sh**. When we pi** on them they just pretend it's rain. It's pathetic.
Kpack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm genuinely sorry if I've managed to offend or upset any of you. This is my first time posting on Dave's. I know that people have their own experiences and opinions and definitely respect the right and choice to share those (including yours, sparks!).

When I was teaching, I often used Dave's as a resource and wanted to return the favor by sharing my experiences. It just so happens that my experience with Regent happened to be a very positive one. If it was negative, I would have done the same, and probably much sooner.

Again, no one has forced or bribed me to do this. As I said earlier, I'm now stateside and on a different career path so I don't have anything to gain from posting. I honestly enjoyed my time at Regent. It may not be a school for everyone, but it was the right school and place for me Smile
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have to say, I think the supposed hunting has gone a bit too far. I read Kpack's message as being completely genuine and he mentioned the job being exhausting at times so it wasn't all glowingly positive. It could well be that he had a good experience and others are just shouting him down.. Has that crossed anyone's mind at all?

He only has three posts but the way the wolves are behaving it might stay that way... Some people are newbies you know!
sparks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't buy it. It's the lack of balance in the post, no school is perfect. Even in job interviews you are expected to be aware of your own shortcomings. The fact that this place has been negatively criticized before only adds to the doubt.
Cathy OB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, if there are no problems with pay or accommodation, then what exactly are the problems. Elblag looks like a nice place, with clean air.
Btw, how cold does it get in winter?
Master Shake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy OB wrote:
Just wondering, if there are no problems with pay or accommodation, then what exactly are the problems. Elblag looks like a nice place, with clean air.
Btw, how cold does it get in winter?
There's a lot more to a job than pay and accommodation. Polish-run language schools are notorious for poor working conditions, broken promises and unprofessional treatment of teachers and students.

Imagine being a newly-qualified teacher and being asked to teach Advanced Medical English at 7am twice a week off-site with no coursebook or guidance whatsoever. You get the idea. (Not that I'm referring specifically to Regent with this example!)

Clean air may indeed be Elblag's most impressive feature. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: