Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Follow Me Language School

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidmsgi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Follow Me Language School Reply with quote

I live in Cuernavaca, and I see almost daily ads for English and other language teachers for a school called Follow Me.

Does anyone have knowledge of or experience with this school?

When I see so many ads for teachers running non-stop for months and months, it suggests to me that there is a problem with the school. Either their teachers leave constantly, they donĀ“t hire anyone, or nobody accepts the jobs that they offer. Why else would a small school advertise non-stop for language teachers?

I have an interview scheduled with the school, so I am trying to do some due diligence before my meeting.
At this point I am curious but very skeptical.
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could just be that there are not enough people to fill all the jobs because a lot of USAians and Canadians that live there are retired. Can't hurt to go for an interview, you never know, if they are somewhat desperate for native speakers that could work to your advantage.
Jultime

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good thing to be skeptical. High teacher turnover is not a good sign.

I just looked at their website....do you want to teach on Sundays?

I've heard of schools not registering to pay taxes nor IMSS. Plus some don't pay for cancelled or no show classes. Some don't pay for your visa. Also, if you're expected to travel to classes make sure that they pay you for travel time and hopefully provide transportation.

Let us know how your interview goes.
abbott123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Be careful, but go and tell us how it went.................. Reply with quote

You should be skeptical, but go and see how the interview is..Please get back to us, it always helps to share experiences.. Smile
davidmsgi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Follow Me Reply with quote

6 days, 4 hours per day - 96 hours per month "plus occasional Sundays"

$4000 pesos salary (net) - IMSS included

20 hours unpaid "training" in the first month

So they pay 42 pesos per hour

These language schools aren't the place for experienced teachers.
The pay rate is just terrible.
abbott123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: There offer is about as bad as you can get.................. Reply with quote

Just to compare Iwork for a language school here in Queretaro. I work 22 hours a week 88 hours a month. I currently do not work on Sunday. My pay after taxes are taken out and IMSS deduction is 11, 100 pesos a month. That is a far cry from 96 hours a month and take home of 4,000 a month.
I think you need to be looking at a different school. I am also, taken to my students in an UBER paid by the school and taken home as well.
Smile Smile
abbott123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: I meant to say I don't work on Saturday.................... Reply with quote

I don't work on Saturday and I have never worked on Sunday...My own opinion anyone who works for a language school on Sunday is a fool...I hope I don't offend anyone.....................
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: