Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone tell me how to find university positions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Can someone tell me how to find university positions? Reply with quote

I would like to find a university position in Thailand. I have lots of experience teaching in many countries. Where is the best place to find job postings?
suphanburi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone tell me how to find university positions? Reply with quote

Charlie123 wrote:
I would like to find a university position in Thailand. I have lots of experience teaching in many countries. Where is the best place to find job postings?

IF you have a PhD then use your professional network in the field.
Contact the faculty secretary of the department of your specialization (English, TEFL, Edu, School of Business, School of Law, etc).

If you have nothing other than a BA+TEFL then bang on the door at the local uni's language center.
eg: http://litu.tu.ac.th/2016/en/category/adjunct-faculty-members

Uni jobs are usually about who you know and who knows you (lots of Uni-job postings on the various Faculty's Facebook pages as well for those with relevant graduate level qualifications).

Alternatively, google "ajarn + jobs".

dackinator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that unlike other countries, university jobs do not give you a high salary.
At standard universities eg SSRU, Rajamangala, RKK, expect ~25-30k maximum.
At the top universities: Mahidol, Chula, TU, the rate is ~35-40k.

There are private unis (Rangsit, BU, AU) which pay -slightly- more. But like the guy above said, there it is more about who you know.

You can get better than this at some language schools. You could probably earn more just teaching 1-1 to university students, if you target the rich private ones. If you are determined to teach at uni here: contacting each university would be best, either face to face or by email. That's how most people I know found their jobs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: