Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEFL jobs in Nice (or PACA region)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suncastle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: TEFL jobs in Nice (or PACA region) Reply with quote

Does anybody know what the TEFL market is like in Nice (or the whole PACA region)? They don't seem to have an awful lot of language schools in that area, so if you've been teaching in that area could share your thoughts? I would appreciate an up-to-date assessment of that region.

Also, for those teaching in the South of France, did you start directly in that region or did you start in Paris and worked your way south? Which option is more viable for a newbie? (with a Celta equivalent certificate and a EU passport)

Comments, experience, insights are greatly appreciated.
mikkenzi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello : )
I lived in Nice for 12 years before I moved to Kuwait. They have a lot of language schools actually so the market is somewhat saturated.
You can make a living out of teaching but you will need to accummulate other occupations - translation and such like, especially at first.
If you have a Master's degree or a long career in teaching, you may also apply for a lectureship at the University - they are always in need of native speakers.
Other than that, CELTA is good but not essential. French people swear by their own legislation so if you have a "formateur" status, you will do better. Also, you will need to declare your activity - either as an autoentrepreneur or as a "profession liberale". Each has its own advantages and shortcomings. To really settle there, you absolutely need to master French.
If you are already in Nice, do not hesitate to send me e private message, I have some contacts that you might find useful. I'll send you their e-mails : )
Best of luck!
cotedazur

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Looking for a job in Nice area! Reply with quote

Hi everybody! I am sorry to bring this topic up again after a long time but I recently arrived in the Nice area and I am looking for a job thereabouts too. Is it easy to get hired during August or should I wait to send my CVs. I have a master's degree but I suppose it's too late to get hired by the university right now. Any information and support would be welcome! Smile
Paris teacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the Nice situation as I work in Paris, but you could look at the numerous on-line teaching opportunities not just in France, but around the world, and use Nice as your base.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: