Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Leap and China Link ESL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TerryDesmond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: First Leap and China Link ESL Reply with quote

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum thus my first post.

A friend of mine got a lady called Anita Wei to contact me via Facebook as she's founder of an agency called China Link ESL - http://www.chinalinkesl.com/ and she is putting me in contact with a school called First Leap, which has numerous schools arounf Beijing and China, I'm told. She also told me that I could obtain a business visa as i don't have a university degree, which has made me wary of her as I know that working with a business visa isn't legit. Is it?

So I am wondering if anybody has had any dealings with the agency and/or the school? Has anybody also worked using a business visa? I haven't found any reviews for the agency, but seen a couple of bad reviews (also positive ones) for First Leap.

Thanks!
OhBudPowellWhereArtThou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must work on a Z visa. You may not draw a salary on a business visa. Any recruiter who tries to lure you to work on an F visa or any other visa besides a Z visa should not be trusted.

RUN AWAY!
TerryDesmond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OhBudPowellWhereArtThou wrote:
You must work on a Z visa. You may not draw a salary on a business visa. Any recruiter who tries to lure you to work on an F visa or any other visa besides a Z visa should not be trusted.

RUN AWAY!

Thanks for your reply! I have been reading various threads on this forum since I've created this post and have seen that it is completely illegal and not worth risking heavy fines and deportation for.

I'll take heed and RUN AWAY! Not before "politely" declining though Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: