Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savings potential at international school
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make less than what the OP is going to make, and I save a minimum of $2K per month. Oftentimes it is much more. The school pays for my housing and utilities, and then I just don't spend much. However, if you like to travel, it may be difficult for you to save.

One thing that works to my benefit in my particular situation is that I am paid in $$$$ directly into my US bank account. Other money is sent home with the help of Chinese friends. It is pretty easy for them to send a thousand or two to an account in the US.

Also, I would not be surprised if you took on side jobs (the money is too good to pass up) as well as your husband doing side work. It is pretty hard to turn down ¥5-10K per month with very little work involved. With side work, I would think you could be saving $3K per month without too much trouble.

V
danshengou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NiHaoDaJia wrote:
Hangzhou is a very beautiful. Do you want to buy a house in China? The values are going up and up.

Don't be deluded. First, do you have 30% for the down payment (easily 1M rmb or more)? Mortgage rates are high, and housing is way overpriced. The result is that in Tier 1 and most Tier 2 cities, even after your sizable down payment, your mortgage would still eat up most of your salary.
danshengou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Wenzhou compared to Hangzhou Reply with quote

ghost wrote:
Anyone comment on the quality of life in Wenzhou, and particularly - the University belt area, where Wenzhou University and Wenzhou Medical University are located, compared with Hangzhou?

Thank you.

Ghost in China

Hangzhou is the capital of the province, so there isn't much comparison. Secondly, 'university belt area' should be translated to mean 'few if any amenities'. So decide if the money they are offering in Wenzhou is worth the isolation. If it is just a few thousand kuai more, then probably not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: