Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMG Ho Chi Minh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ciaran87

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: EMG Ho Chi Minh Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been offered a job with the Education Management Group (EMG) in HCMC, Vietnam. It starts next month. The pay is decent and it's Monday-Friday, which seems to be unusual for teaching jobs in Vietnam.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences they could share about EMG?

There doesn't seem to be much online, although there are a couple of slightly concerning reviews saying they are difficult to work for.

Any information any has on this group would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Smile
skarper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-F sounds like a dispatch company - they send you to work in state schools with no support.

Depending in what you're looking for and how lucky you are with your assigned schools it could be alright or downright awful.

It's a pity the schools can't hire directly or some govt umbrella agency handle the recruitment. Farming it out to private companies seems like a license to steal.

I have no experience of these companies in general or specifically EMG.
Ciaran87

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Skarper,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it seems that it is a dispatch company. They have not told me exactly where I will be working, so I assume there are a number of schools under their contract.

It's just slightly odd that there are so few reviews online as they seem like quite a large company.

Cheers,

Ciaran
TRH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skarper wrote:
TRH - I certainly could but I surely shan't.

But now you are letting it out bit by bit. It sounds like our plans have at least some aspects in common. Razz

skarper wrote:
M-F sounds like a dispatch company - they send you to work in state schools with no support.

Depending in what you're looking for and how lucky you are with your assigned schools it could be alright or downright awful.

It's a pity the schools can't hire directly or some govt umbrella agency handle the recruitment. Farming it out to private companies seems like a license to steal.

I have no experience of these companies in general or specifically EMG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: