Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rizhao Radio & TV University

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildgrace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Rizhao Radio & TV University Reply with quote

Anyone have contact info for Rizhao Radio & TV University? I've tried searching the forums and google and I've not found anything helpful.
rioux

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taught in Rizhao last year. I heard about Rizhao Radio & TV University but that's just it. I only knew it exists so I can't tell you anything about it.
If you have any questions about the city feel free to ask.
wildgrace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Looking for universities in Rizhao Reply with quote

Roux, thanks for stopping by. Was hoping to email university to see if hiring English teachers, as heard okay things about radio and TV. Any thoughts?

Is Rizhao doable for someone new to China? Any info much appreciated.
rioux

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gracey,

Like I wrote earlier I only heard of the school. I knew the name but I can't tell you any good or negative about it. There are several universities/colleges close together - Qufu Normal University (Rizhao branch), Polytechnic College and I know there is a medical university as well as a foreign language university all situated near each other but I have no idea the whereabouts of the Radio & TV University.

I'd give a pass on Rizhao if I were new to China. It is rather cut off. I heard though that the airport was in operation as of last year. There isn't a bullet train yet. I was told that it would be ready by sometime in 2017/2018. Who knows?
There are several KFC's there and also there is 1 McDonald's (near the main bus station). The biggest place for grocery shopping is RT Mart. In the XinMart shopping complex (it's small) there is a 'Big Pizza' buffet which I called home pretty much every Tuesday night because of the discount for men on that day - I think for women it is Wednesday night. But for some reason there were almost always lots of females there on Tuesday night Laughing
The beach is okay. They charge 60 RMB to use it but I was told by a student that if you live in Rizhao it is free.
Since there isn't a bullet train my family and I took the bus to Qingdao - only to the Liuting International Airport to get away (as in out of the country) for awhile. It took slightly over 2 hours to get there.
There are other foreigners in Rizhao but not a whole lot. I'm not sure if you are weekend/party person but it just seemed not the place for that. I wouldn't really know since I just stay in with my family on weekends.
That's all I can think of for now. If you (or anyone else) has any questions feel free to ask.

I also should add that Rizhao does not have a Walmart, Tesco or Carrefour. I think they just opened a Mix-C somewhat near Qufu Normal University and to the best of my knowledge there will be (or now is) a Burger King there.

Last edited by rioux on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
jimpellow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was curious. Many of the Shandong port cities are full of Koreans and Japanese looking for English tutors. Is that true there too?
rioux

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JP,

The only Koreans and Japanese I met there were the teachers at the university where I taught.
We had some international students (a few of them were Koreans I think) on campus but my students told me they often kept to themselves - they also lived in their own dorms (much better and cleaner ones) far away from the Chinese students.
I never heard or saw an international school in Rizhao. It seemed the place to be for that (and other things) would be Qingdao but without a bullet train it was quite inconvenient to get to.
wildgrace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Recommended universities Reply with quote

Are there universities in this city that hire English teachers and have a good reputation? If yes, contact info would be helpful.
Non Sequitur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rizhao#Universities_and_colleges
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: