Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Job leads anyone? Aussie currently in Melbourne.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayjay291004

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Job leads anyone? Aussie currently in Melbourne. Reply with quote

I had a couple of chances of securing a job in Saigon, but it involved commuting on a motorbike at two locations a day, five days a week. In short I didn't take them up because I'm accident prone, and don't want to be in a motorbike accident. If anybody has leads on a 'one location teaching position' that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
RustyShackleford

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically, unless you got a mate there already, chances are the only way you could do this is actually land here, send some resumes and hopefully some places would interview you.

Good entry-level schools would be EMG (who give bus transport) and POLY (who have just one campus in a fairly chill part of town). However, if you're not in-country, they won't even look twice at you.

In Vietnam, the name of the game is show up and ask questions later. You can do this on the cheap (I did the first time around), take the first thing offered and land on something better later (yep. Happened to me)... on the other hand, it's much better to arrive with some extra money, shop around schools and then take the BEST offer given. (That's what I did this current go-around here).
sigmoid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not in Vietnam, the best thing to do is simply search for "Vietnam teaching jobs" and check out a couple of sites that come up.

You'll notice there are more jobs outside Hanoi and HCMC these days. Still plenty of jobs in both those cities as well. Correspond with schools and tell them what you want. I think you should be able to find a place that offers a single location.

The obvious disadvantage of this is that they may make promises and then not keep them once you arrive. But if you have multiple options, you can choose the best most solid offer.

Don't actually agree to anything before you arrive though, other than an interview.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: