Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unbelievable Qatar opportunity?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shookran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Unbelievable Qatar opportunity? Reply with quote

Guys, do you think this salary is for real? ... read below:

Male and female EFL teachers required for industrial training centre in Qatar. Single status. Gulf experience preferred.

Degree Required

Teaching experience: 5 years

Native level English speaker preferred

Qualifications
Minimum Bachelor degree from accredited university. No online component in degree. CELTA, Trinity Cert, DELTA, Masters. EFL qualification must be from internationally accredited awarding body. Online certificates not accepted.
Minimum 5 years' full-time experience in language school/training centre after TEFL qualification.
Driving licence essential.
Native speaker or IELTS level 7.5.
Maximum age 55.

Salary and Benefits
Salary QR23,000 per month (approx. 4600 GBP, 6000 Euros, 6300 US) including accommodation and transport allowance. One month annual paid holiday. Return flights paid. Gratuity at end of contract.

EdgewaterQatar
Malachy M (mod edit), Project Manager

-------------------------------------------------

Are they really paying that monthly salary for any degree + Celta + 5 years experience?

Why is it single status only? I'd like to bring my family. If that is the real basi

I can't find any contact details abolut the company, PM me if you can help please, I would like to ask them a few questions.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been at least one thread about them before

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=93538&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Edgewater is a recruiter... seems to be mostly for things like truck drivers based on the ads that came up. The manager seems to be a bit infamous. LOL Note that it seems to be the full monthly pay, so you probably pay all housing and etc from that number.

VS
Shookran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I researched them here and the posts about them are too long ago to mean anything today when so much could have changed. Still, I would be surprised if no one knows anything about them today.

Concerning the monthly fee, even if you did have to pay flights, housing, transportation and education allowance etc. that fee is still about double what it should be and easily affordable with plenty left over to save.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shookran wrote:
Yes I researched them here and the posts about them are too long ago to mean anything today when so much could have changed. Still, I would be surprised if no one knows anything about them today.

In the meantime, apply, given they have limited openings. If you get an offer, you can always say no if you find it's not your cup of tea.
s2000000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Qatar EFL positions. Reply with quote

Hello,
Does anyone have any updates on these terrific Qatar EFL teaching positions-interview possibilities, start dates, or any other information about the proposed project?
Thanks in advance.
bigdurian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Unbelievable Qatar opportunity? Reply with quote

Shookran wrote:
Guys, do you think this salary is for real? ... read below:

Male and female EFL teachers required for industrial training centre in Qatar. Single status. Gulf experience preferred.

Degree Required

Qualifications
Minimum Bachelor degree from accredited university. No online component in degree. CELTA, Trinity Cert, DELTA, Masters. EFL qualification must be from internationally accredited awarding body. Online certificates not accepted.
Minimum 5 years' full-time experience in language school/training centre after TEFL qualification.
Maximum age 55.

Salary and Benefits
Salary QR23,000 per month (approx. 4600 GBP, 6000 Euros, 6300 US) including accommodation and transport allowance. One month annual paid holiday. Return flights paid. Gratuity at end of contract.

EdgewaterQatar
Malachy M (mod edit), Project Manager

-------------------------------------------------

Are they really paying that monthly salary for any degree + Celta + 5 years experience?

Why is it single status only? I'd like to bring my family. If that is the real basi

I can't find any contact details abolut the company, PM me if you can help please, I would like to ask them a few questions.

Single status may just mean that you incur all costs associated with bringing your family over, not that you can't bring them.
s2000000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Qatar EFL positions. Reply with quote

ok

Last edited by s2000000 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
s2000000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Qatar EFL positions. Reply with quote

thanks.

Last edited by s2000000 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

I know who the contact guy is. Malachy (MOD edit) is the great survivor of ELT Qatar. He was with Bell years ago, then ran Qatar Aeronautical College and now runs this lot. In all his reincarnations, he's dealt with the Qatar Petroleum contract.

I started of with QAC years ago and moved to direct hire with QP.

When I was there, the single guys either lived in a room on the QAC compound or downtown in a flat. It was single status but some had their wives their. Single status usually means they don't pay the tickets and give you a studio in the Gulf. Also, you have to think about insurance if you bring the wife.

To you that may seem like a lot of money but I assure you, it's the very bones of what you'll need to save not more than 1000 GBP/month if your missus is with you.

The job itself is babysitting.
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qatar is a pricey place to live.
s2000000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Degree Required

Qualifications
Maximum age 55.

Salary and Benefits

EdgewaterQatar
Malachy M (mod edit), Project Ma you...

Last edited by s2000000 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2000000 wrote:
Anybody have any Recent news about this "Qatar EFL project".

Those few openings have very likely been filled by now.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: ha Reply with quote

It's QP- read the QP (Qatar Petroleum) posts. The place hasn't changed. I know one complete idiot who got a job there. If he can work there, a monkey can.
s2000000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Qatar EFL positions with QP Reply with quote

cc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: