Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most livable jobs/places?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmericanAmina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Most livable jobs/places? Reply with quote

I want to settle down somewhere low key. Big cities are okay if they have a relaxed vibe, but I really like smaller towns. However, if I were to hunt for jobs in Turkey, which jobs or locations are going to offer salaries that a large family can live on? Is it university jobs over high school jobs? Big cities over small towns? What variables do I need to consider?

Also, what about North Cyprus? I hear it's pretty quiet, but that appeals to me. How do salaries compare to Turkey?
JohnRambo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Most livable jobs/places? Reply with quote

AmericanAmina wrote:
I want to settle down somewhere low key. Big cities are okay if they have a relaxed vibe, but I really like smaller towns. However, if I were to hunt for jobs in Turkey, which jobs or locations are going to offer salaries that a large family can live on? Is it university jobs over high school jobs? Big cities over small towns? What variables do I need to consider?

Also, what about North Cyprus? I hear it's pretty quiet, but that appeals to me. How do salaries compare to Turkey?

I don't think many of us know much about North Cyprus. You're not likely to find much work in either Greek or North Cyprus, I expect. Istanbul has the most ESL/EFL jobs, but it's an expensive city. The universities would pay the most, generally, but they would be paying you about 4000 TL. That is not a lot of money in dollars. That's about 1250 USD. A private university may pay you 5000 TL, if you negotiate. In some cases, some have secured 6000 TL, but I don't know anyone who has.

Good luck.
AmericanAmina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, John. The expected salary range is helpful.

Just out of curiosity, why is it unlikely to find jobs anywhere in Cyprus?
JohnRambo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmericanAmina wrote:
Thanks, John. The expected salary range is helpful.

Just out of curiosity, why is it unlikely to find jobs anywhere in Cyprus?

I don't really know much about North Cyprus. I haven't met anyone who taught over there. I'm sure there must be jobs over there at some schools, but I don't know your qualifications, and I don't know North Cyprus. Not sure if it's much of a big market.

https://www.teachaway.com/teach-in-cyprus

Maybe you could check on here.
AmericanAmina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check there. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: