Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Embarrassing Music Moments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucy Snow

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Embarrassing Music Moments Reply with quote

Ok, so this is an idea I've stolen from the Koren Forum, but bnix's "96 Tears" post made me think this would be a good one for the general forum.

What is the most embarrassing album or CD you've ever purchased? For me, I think it would be "John Denver's Greatest Hits." My only excuse would be that I was 13 years old at the time, and hadn't discovered Pink Floyd yet.
bnix

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: "The Best of Bubblegum" Reply with quote

I purchased an album called "The Best of Bubblegum' in a bargain bin for a buck...as a joke....some selections:

1."Sugar,Sugar" by The Archies
2."Indian Giver"by The 1910 Fruit Gum Company
3."Woman"by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap

They are good for a laugh or two,especially if you have a beer or two first.......
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: ok, I'll play along Reply with quote

Hi Lucy:

When I was a kid, I had a rich uncle whom I looked up to as a role model. He was a snowmobile dealer and a big game hunter, and had a HUGE house in the mountains of Pennsylvania.

Well, he was also a big country music fan, and somehow that rubbed off on me. In the basement of the family house in PA, I still have a big box full of Johnny Cash albumns.

The really scary thing is this: 30 years later, I still know the words to "Ring of Fire", "Folsom Prison Blues" and "A Boy Named Sue". Laughing

Regards,
keNt
richard ame

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:28 am    Post subject: the worst music Reply with quote

Hi Music lovers
I think the worst music that was ever dumped on me was by a now ex friend who thought that I might enjoy a selection of totp style tracks titled (wait for it) Thats what I call Music ,it was peppered with such forgetable 70's and 80's tracks that their names escape me but I do remember such awful classics as Picktywitch and Dawn and a Dutch group called Clout god preserve who really makes this stuff and even more worringly who buys this tuneless rubbish what a waste of vinyl and what a waste of time,needless to say the same sort of stuff gets played and produced today I thought we were living in the 21st century all this stuff is good for is making ashtrays,yes I do like Pink floyd but even thats a bit dated now,but how come so many people buy the worst kind of commercial radio GA.GA and think its great ,beats me !!
I could rattle on ad nausum about all the bad music I have being forced to listen to at birthday parties ,weddings and social nights out the so called dj's should be taken out and shot ,my god how they have plagued my life with the toneless tuneless noise thats called music by them and all those songs that you want to forget are running through your head ,running through your head ,running through your head,running through your head ,stop this thread please .
Lucy Snow

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent--I can top that. I still know all the words to "Stayin' Alive" by the BeeGees.
Jojo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I would have to say the one and only album that Milli Vanilli came out with.
It was ok until I found out they were fake.

Now I laugh when I put it on..oops did I say that Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: