Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese University of Hong Kong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunHome

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Chinese University of Hong Kong Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm in the running for a senior lecturer post in Humanities at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzen). So far though, the CUHK has steered clear of answering any questions about salary, housing, medical insurance etc. Can anybody advise me what the current salary rates are (2016) and what, if any, benefits are part of a Senior Lecturer's package with CUHK.

From what I can gather, the contract is for 2 years.

Many thanks,

Jim
Jmbf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the exact figures for a senior lecturer salary at CUHK but I can make a few assumptions based on what I do know.

Assistant Professors at CUHK make between HKD 45-58K / month (*some may be eligible for housing allowance on top of that)

Lecturers at HK universities in general earn between HKD 28-48K / month

As Senior Lecturer positions fall between Assistant Professors and Lecturers, I think it would be safe to assume that a Senior Lecturer would be earning somewhere between HKD 40 - 50K / month plus perhaps some accommodation allowance.

Again, this is largely guesswork. If someone actually has some hard data to contribute that could firm up the figures somewhat.

**these figures are for Hong Kong, not sure about the correlation in pay for the Shenzhen branch
danshengou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For that post I wouldn't take anything less than 30K RMB per month, considering the quals they require. The HK uni is not the same. But the salaries quoted above seem correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: