Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uruguay - term start and job opportunities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollolight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Uruguay - term start and job opportunities Reply with quote

Does anyone know when the term begins in Uruguay? Is it a good time to get work there now? I could be there in a few weeks time or at the latest early march but i would prefer to secure a job before I arrive. Are there lots of job opportunities there and what are conditions like? Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. Wink
LaLaDivina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know this information about Uruguay also, but trying to get a job from abroad in Latin America is very difficult. You usually have to be on the ground first and dropping off resumes in person.
ssean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Working in Montevideo Reply with quote

Hi there, I am interested in working in Montevideo. Taught esl for ten years plus, currently completing a phd - education. Thinking of a uni or international school. Spent a year in Uruguay when doing undergrad in Latin American studies and loved the country and the people. Any pointers/info would be much appreciated Very Happy
PittsburghSound

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Working in Montevideo Reply with quote

ssean wrote:
Hi there, I am interested in working in Montevideo. Taught esl for ten years plus, currently completing a phd - education. Thinking of a uni or international school. Spent a year in Uruguay when doing undergrad in Latin American studies and loved the country and the people. Any pointers/info would be much appreciated Very Happy

Your best bet would be to head there in person and try to meet up with the people you knew when you were there. The university where you studied would be a good start. Even if they can't hire you, they can definitely tell you who can. Networking is everything for a foreigner in Latin America.
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would second and third that networking is everything in South America. So many jobs and opportunities come through personal recommendations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: