Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ProCredit Language Centre

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverheardofem

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: ProCredit Language Centre Reply with quote

Hi ,

I'm looking for info on this company but my search has come to no avail! They are based in Hessen and do short term contracts during the year. Any ne heard of or worked for them?

Thanks!
Irishdave

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an e-mail address of theirs and e-mailed my resume in along with the other documents they requested.

I also applied through TEFL.com for a job with them and have received no response whatsoever.

That is the second time I have applied.
eddieshack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a request for an interview with them tomorrow, will post details when I know. The dates are incredibly inconvenient though: April 21st to May 30th then 2ish weeks off and another 6 weeks in August.

I'll have to break my albeit low-paying but still contract here for 12 weeks of work, with only the promise that "The placement could lead to a longer-term position with the ProCredit group, as we are significantly increasing our language training in over 20 countries."
Hod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's doable if you're already based in the area and want to do a few more hours as a freelancer. I wouldn't relocate there, though, on the strength of that timetable. Also, six weeks (?) in August sounds hit and miss as a lot of schools in Germany shut up shop for the summer.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Procredit is a bank. Why are they running language schools ?

http://www.procreditbank.com.al/?cid=2,1

Maybe like Wall Street they will sign people up for expensive courses and then sign a loan agreement so they can pay ?
pioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: ProCredit Bank Reply with quote

Just nearly got a teaching job with this organization but got fired even before I started because I expressed a different view on Global warming. One must be a firm supporter of Global warming and basically be a radical environmentalist in order to get a job with them. I seriously doubt their 'language teaching" agenda at this point. Plus the length of the contract was very unclear.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just nearly got a teaching job with this organization but got fired even before I started because I expressed a different view on Global warming. One must be a firm supporter of Global warming and basically be a radical environmentalist in order to get a job with them.

There is quite a lot of concern about right-wing nationalists in the region and your 'different view' may have raised a red flag. I obviously don't know the circumstances, but it seems an unusual topic to come up early in one's employment anyway. If your views were perceived as something you feel very strongly about and might 'push' to students, the school might legitimately have preferred a teacher who would come across to students as more neutral politically.

Further, green energy technology development is a fairly important part of German's current economic package and the school may very well have client/students who work in the green energy industry.

Were you interviewing from abroad?
pioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comment. You are right about green movement and right wing etc. But ironically with me it was the other way around. I was the most 'neutrally political' and all I cared about was doing my job in teaching students a new language. At my previous place of work there was actually a tabu in place on discussing politics and religion. With ProCredit bank, I just casually remarked that I m not really a supporter of Global warming. And so what? I was accused in not sharing their beliefs and ideology! I got fired for not being pushy enough and imposing THEIR beliefs on the students. To me, teaching English is not about promoting someone's ideology but about teaching students think critically. And if these people from ProCredit bank are telling me that 'global warming issue is not debatable!', there is a problem with their 'so called language school'. Read 'Climate Gate'.
Yes, I had a skype interview and was invited for 'induction' period to Germany where I believe I was scrutinised thoroughly and was found unsuitable despite my professional qualities ( they admitted this in the end, ha!)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spiral78

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but about teaching students think critically.

You aim to teach adult German students to think critically?
...well, or any adult Europeans.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ProCredit Bank Reply with quote

pioneer wrote:
Just nearly got a teaching job with this organization but got fired even before I started because I expressed a different view on Global warming.

These companies need good/average teachers to fill a quota and make money. They don't care about your environmental views. They found a better candidate.
pioneer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, they DO!
Re good/average teacher: with my qualifications and years of teaching experience, I consider myself ( and others do too) at least a decent teacher.
Re: "They found a better candidate", they haven't, as the ad is still there.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they just did not like you !? It happens. Move on and get a job somewhere else.
EnglishLanguageOne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
Procredit is a bank. Why are they running language schools ?

http://www.procreditbank.com.al/?cid=2,1

Maybe like Wall Street they will sign people up for expensive courses and then sign a loan agreement so they can pay ?

I actually knew someone who worked for this company teaching English. They have two centers, one in Kosova and one in Columbia. Both pay very well with all food and accommodation on top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: