Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Negativity on Taiwan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JZer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: re: hmmmm Reply with quote

twowheel wrote:
Spelunker wrote:
Fair enough, interesting career change

Could be, although I guess it would end up being just like any other dull desk job back home, well, I guess with a pension and health insurance.

I'm good with being abroad for now. This life suits be better.

twowheel

You are right. It is a boring desk job. I am hoping to land a Federal job as a criminal investigator!
Spelunker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: re: being careful.. Reply with quote

I think I'll just choose to be more guarded around you, when it comes to trusting Americans, many of whom I have known in China who have then gone onto the US Navy, repairing laptops, and many to the CIA....then I'll choose to be guarded. It all boils down to oppressed FT minority syndrome, but I will still choose to be guarded. Thank you.
twowheel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: re: hmmmm Reply with quote

JZer wrote:
You are right. It is a boring desk job. I am hoping to land a Federal job as a criminal investigator!

Good luck with it!

twowheel
Shakey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: re: hmmmm Reply with quote

JZer wrote:
twowheel wrote:
Spelunker wrote:
Fair enough, interesting career change

Could be, although I guess it would end up being just like any other dull desk job back home, well, I guess with a pension and health insurance.

I'm good with being abroad for now. This life suits be better.

twowheel

I have done that. You are decieving yourself if you think that it will bring you happiness and security. Life abroad, as an expat, is the best path for you to take. Ball and chain, career, expectations, cars, car insurance; wives, courts, alimony, ex-wives; rotten, expensive kids....JZer, you are a suicide.
Spelunker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: re: the skinny.... Reply with quote

Sooooo, I have pretty much given up on Vietnam, too much potential visa stress and low earnings. So Taiwan seems to be ticking the boxes for me, China-lite, cute girls and great food/scenery and so on.

I'd like to tutor adults, perhaps freelance and privately, could this be done, and how easy are things visa wise?

Cheers
sp
reblair79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Negativity on Taiwan Reply with quote

[quote="JZer"]
Angel.Ro wrote:

I enjoyed my experience in Taiwan, and the country can be great if you are under 30 and seeking an adventure. It can also be a lot of fun for those suffering from a mid-life crises.

I feel the term 'mid-life' crisis is usually innacurate and used by people when making an assumption on anothers persons actions. I see it come up often in the TEFL environment.

It can be easy to perceive an over 30's actions as being some kind of crisis but you should be careful not to confuse it with them being enlightened and fully aware as to what they do or do not want from their life based on their experience in their life so far.

I would imagine the latter to be a more common reason for quitting well paid jobs with security etc to decide to embark on a new journey. Certainly not some act of confusion and crisis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: