Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Driving from UAE to KSA / Documents needed...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burgess29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Driving from UAE to KSA / Documents needed...? Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

So I'm trying to ascertain the documents / procedures to drive my car to KSA for a family visit. I'm an expat with residency here in the UAE.

Firstly, the car is under my name and insured for the UAE. I have a multiple-exit family visit visa (MEFVV) for Saudi. I'm already aware of the need to buy a trip ticket and KSA motor insurance prior to departure from Abu Dhabi.

However, the visa agent at VFS Tasheel informed me that the MEFVV is only valid for transit by air; that to travel by land would require a letter of authorization / permission from the Saudi Embassy in Abu Dhabi.

Has anyone heard of this requirement before? And if so - how should I obtain this document in order to facilitate UAE - KSA travel by land?

burgess29

Very Happy Very Happy
Gulezar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Driving from UAE to KSA / Documents needed...? Reply with quote

burgess29 wrote:
to travel by land would require a letter of authorization / permission from the Saudi Embassy in Abu Dhabi.

Has anyone heard of this requirement before? And if so - how should I obtain this document in order to facilitate UAE - KSA travel by land?

Have you seen the Saudi border? There is a war going on you know. There probably is even more red tape now than ever before. Don't forget that every once and a while there are Emiratis or Saudis who sneak back and forth across an unsupervised border to visit their families and get stuck out in the desert, needing to be evacuated out at considerable expense. If the locals try to circumvent the border crossing, you can bet that it is pretty complicated.

The Saudi Embassy would have all your answers. I am pretty sure that you would have to go to the Saudi Embassy in Abu Dhabi in person.
2buckets

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what info you get at the embassy, what actually happens will depend
on how the border official you deal with is feeling that day.

If there is bus service, use that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: