Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommendations for language centers in HCMC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SinaloaPaisa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Recommendations for language centers in HCMC Reply with quote

Greetings,

Applied to the obvious places such as ILA, VUS, Wall Street, BC, Yola, Apollo, etc.

Not sure about International Schools. Anyone of those that hire ESL teachers?

What are some other language centers you guys recommend I apply to?

So far only have a few classes given in one of the bigger centers. Need like 3 times that to get to 20 hours a week.

Outside of a few unorganized offers (teach this class 2-3 times a week for 2 hours with no book or provided materials etc) I am finding it more difficult than I thought landing sufficient work. That is with me being a native speaker with a degree, ESL certification, and numerous years of experience.

Any job leads or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ExpatLuke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIT... I Can Read... RES...

Literally hundreds of schools in hcmc. Shouldnt be too difficult to find more than enough stable hours.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommendations for language centers in HCMC Reply with quote

SinaloaPaisa wrote:
Outside of a few unorganized offers (teach this class 2-3 times a week for 2 hours with no book or provided materials etc) I am finding it more difficult than I thought landing sufficient work. That is with me being a native speaker with a degree, ESL certification, and numerous years of experience.

You've stated elsewhere in this forum that you have a US license to teach math. If so, why are you focusing only on EFL? Plus, wasn't your TEFL cert completed online? That may be why the job offers are 'slim pickins.'
Ernst.sa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommendations for language centers in HCMC Reply with quote

SinaloaPaisa wrote:
Greetings,

Applied to the obvious places such as ILA, VUS, Wall Street, BC, Yola, Apollo, etc.

Not sure about International Schools. Anyone of those that hire ESL teachers?

What are some other language centers you guys recommend I apply to?

So far only have a few classes given in one of the bigger centers. Need like 3 times that to get to 20 hours a week.

Any job leads or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Have you had offers from ILA, Apollo, etc.?
skarper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too picky?

I think with minimal qualifications and little experience in Vietnam as yet you have to pay you dues, work the 'disorganised' offers and suck it up for 6-12 months before you can land a plum job.

It is certainly possible for pretty much anybody to find work and even make a good living in HCMC with nothing more than an ability to speak English and a willingness to take what is offered.

Above all, what the employers want is a willing horse. If you come across as at all 'difficult' they will not waste their time on you.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is certainly possible for pretty much anybody to find work and even make a good living in HCMC with nothing more than an ability to speak English and a willingness to take what is offered.

Above all, what the employers want is a willing horse. If you come across as at all 'difficult' they will not waste their time on you.

Yes, very few schools are concerned about qualifications and aren't too bothered about experience. The important thing is your personality. If you're 'popular' and 'not boring', you'll be swimming in work.
sigmoid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes, very few schools are concerned about qualifications and aren't too bothered about experience. The important thing is your personality. If you're 'popular' and 'not boring', you'll be swimming in work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: