Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JDi Energy Saudi Arabia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siobhan 22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: JDi Energy Saudi Arabia Reply with quote

Just starting a thread as I could find no feedback having done an eslcafe search.

The following job has been advertised this week offering 16500SAR for a quick start (6-month visa, so business visa or work visit visa).

http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=42904

I have only had one private message from someone who wrote

"just avoid JDi Energy (part or full time). They haven't a clue. You'll end up stuck in KSA visa and all and you can't leave without their "Permission". They're linked to American Academy."

I am sure others would appreciate feedback - direct/indirect.

(Please do NOT include specific names of managers/personnel etc. in your responses).
siologen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: re: these quick start jobs.... Reply with quote

Bahrain must be the only way they can get these visas for any FT....going through the red tape in home country must surely cause delays?

Thanks for bringing this one to our attention.
Leno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless someone is holding a resident/iqama, teachers can exit the country anytime, with or without the knowledge of the employer, as long as their business/work/visit visa is not expired.

Be sure to check the Islamic calendar date of entry to KSA, and try to work out the Islamic calendar date of 90 days period, and it will be ok to exit before 90 days is up, or within 80 days, and also do not forget to work out the pay day.
In that case, the runner will have to buy their own air ticket.
Does it sound ok? Laughing Laughing
siologen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: re: not sure what you mean... Reply with quote

I was simply referring to the expected start date. As the iqama takes a long time to process, the only way could be to bring a prospective FT in through Bahrain.

As for those who would do a runner, I really have no idea.

Cheers for the reply!
Leno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runner?
if someone left the job without written notice, he would not get his end of service bonus, an air ticket and letter of employment from his job.
This way, employer wins, he loses, but he will surely have his peace of mind.

His employer will not inform the authority as employers who didn't provide employment visa and iqama are in violation of the Saudi labour law.
Visit/business visa cannot be transferred to Iqama.
siologen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: re: runner Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

If they do a runner with all those tax free riyals, I would imagine the loss of things like air ticket, end of contract bonus and so on, is the last thing on a runners mind. I would not do a runner however, and finish out the 6 months,not worth only going for 1 or 2 months at the end of the day.
AV15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on guys. This is an obvious scam. 16500 SAR plus free accomodation, with the only requirement being a BA and a pulse?

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
bigdurian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AV15 wrote:
Oh come on guys. This is an obvious scam. 16500 SAR plus free accomodation, with the only requirement being a BA and a pulse?

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Doesn't have to be. I personally know a guy who went to BAE with an unrelated degree plus CELTA, and another guy who did a similar thing with Aramco.

Most jobs in Saudi only rely a pulse. The biggest requirement is, IMO, ability to cut it in the classroom.
siologen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: re: correct... Reply with quote

Quote:
The biggest requirement is, IMO, ability to cut it in the classroom.

IIRC, in Oman this is what they were looking for, but the HOD and HOS would wrap it up in terms like classroom management, student interaction, and so on, but it more or less boiled down to the same thing....can you control and make a group of young arab students learn, there were those with MA's who got fired, so everyone was under scrutiny.
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16500 SAR monthly but no holiday pay and no completion bonus ?
Siobhan 22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about contract completion bonus, but holiday entitlement was given as 30 days plus Saudi public holidays.
Leno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
16500 SAR monthly but no holiday pay and no completion bonus ?

if someone has had ever worked in the kingdom, or familiar with the saudi salaries, 16500 Rs pm sounds like nothing to complain about holiday pay and completion bonus.
AV15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more the requirements for that salary that lead to me marking it as a scam.

16500 SAR is possible. Rare, but possible. But those jobs aren't going to overseas applicants who have nothing except a BA.
Siobhan 22

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: BA Reply with quote

If the BA is in English, then they'll be ok.
AV15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the actual advert linked in the OP:

Quote:

The position pays 16,500 SAR per month and the client also provides accommodation and transport.

Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree, an IELTS score of 7.0 or above and 3 years training experience. This is an urgent requirement and candidates must be able to start in early May.

So basically, if you breathe air, you meet the requirements. The average post in Saudi probably pays around 13,000 SAR a month+accommodation, but requires a related MA. This job on the other hand doesn't even require a CELTA. So it begs the question, why?

By all means apply, whatever...but I'd expect a request for 'visa processing fees' to be sent at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: