Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Abu Dhabi Education Council? ADEC??? is this part of MOE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuscatGary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: MoE Reply with quote

Blackbear wrote:
s2000000 wrote:
Yes, blackbear, you're right. marierose, (or should that be canadianuae?) All of your posts are extremely negative and whining , plus your writing spelling/grammar is questionable; perhaps you're a troll? show concrete examples of your rantings!

Thank you for your positive support. However, let us (all) not be too pious with "Englisiise". I remember 30-ish years ago when my Ph.D. advisor was assisting a student with her paper.... He spoke the words she wrote (as a student at the University of Minnesota) and then asked her: "What does this mean?" The student could NOT explain what she had written.

Yup, English is a complicated language and with my students. Here, I am very gentle with them and even encourage them to discuss ideas in their native language (Arabic) before formulating a response in English. Nope- I don't take marks off for poor selling, Encouraging them works best (or me) as does the KISS principle (Keep It Simple for Students). Some folks call it "Plain Language". No matter - what works is always good. No dogma needed.

Brilliant!
JoThomas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They hire for public school jobs in places like Abu Dhabi. I've been offered to have an interview with them, although I declined as I came to China instead. You need to have a face-to-face interview with them in certain locations and dates that they specify. There are too many unknowns in my opinion. They hire you and then place you in one of their public schools to teach English or whatever they've hired you for. The pay and benefits look okay, but I believe they are now asking for a three year contract. When they first started hiring it was for 2 years and now from what I've seen the last time I looked, the contract is for three years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: